• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*NEVER FORGET YOUR FRIENDS*

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
A newlywed young man was sitting on the porch on a humid day,sipping ice tea with his Father.

As he talked about adult life, marriage, responsibilities, and obligations, the Father thoughtfully stirred the ice cubes in his glass and cast a clear, sober look on his Son.

"Never forget your friends," he advised, "they will become more important as you get older. Regardless of how much you love your family and the children you happen to have, you will always need friends.
Remember to go out with them occasionally (if possible), but keep in contact with them some how."

"What strange advice!" thought the young man. "I just entered the married world, I am an adult and surely my wife and the family that we will start will be everything I need to make sense of my life."

Yet, he obeyed his Father: kept in touch with his friends and annually increased their number. Over the years, he became aware that his Father knew what he was talking about.

In as much as time and nature carry out their designs and mysteries on a person, friends are the bulwarks of our life.

After 60 years of life, here is what he (and you) will have learned:

Time passes.
Life goes on.
The distance separates.
Children grow up.
Children cease to be children and become independent. And to the parents, it breaks their heart, but the children are separated from the parents.
Jobs come and go.
Illusions, desires, attractions....weaken.
People do not do what they should do.
The heart breaks.
The parents die.
Colleagues forget the favors.
The races are over.
But, true friends are always there, no matter how long or how many miles away they are.

A friend is never more distant than the reach of a need, intervening in your favor, waiting for you with open arms or in some way blessing your life.

When we started this adventure called LIFE, we did not know of the incredible joys or sorrows that were ahead.

We did not know how much we would need from each other.

Love your parents, take care of your children, but keep a group of good friends. Dialog with them but do not impose your criteria.

Send this to your friends (even those you seldom see) who help make sense of your life..... I just did...

Some friends that I thought were true dear close friends, really aren't friends at all! Funny how you discover that as you get older!

If you are lucky, the woman you marry is your best friend !!!

I’m one of the lucky ones that has a wife for a best friend. But I also follow this advice and am the me that lives far away but always takes,the time to call my friends to just keep in touch. I also make sure I get,together with as many of them as possible when I go back home - for,they are the friends I can always count on when something is in need. But als Steve is right family comes first. Even though you may not always be as close to them as you are your friends. It’s wise to try and keep bonds with all as they grow more precious as you get older

I lost a good friend in Arizona, Stevie, a couple of weeks ago at age 49. Last year, He lost both his parents in the same week and his wife filed for divorce which really messed the guy up. Then the Covid lockdown happened, which led to alcohol and drug abuse, and unfortunately, A self inflicted gunshot wound to the head was his cause of death. He was laid to rest this morning and leaves his only child, a 15 year old daughter...Samantha. Sam was blown away this morning by the number of friends that showed up to lay her dad to rest. I saw some old friends that I haven’t seen for 10-15 years and it was like I saw them yesterday. They know I’ve got their back, and Likewise, they’ve got mine. Moral of this?... Hug your loved ones. Tell them you love them. You never know when that last breath will be. Stevie, Rest In Peace my friend. We will keep Samantha safe. Thanks for letting me vent.:thankyou:
76390791-6AAC-41D6-AD35-69822EE9CA4D.jpeg

8F56CB83-C3CD-49BB-8FA2-E76B8B23F90E.jpeg

I'm sorry for your loss!! I have lost 5 friends to suicide. Some were filthy rich and some dirt poor. Victims of suicide feel helpless and just need to escape the pain and the social ladder has little to do with it in most cases. Sad is sad to most of us, but to some that are struggling anyway, It's to much to bare. They leave us with pain that some days is almost to much to bare for those left behind, for them It's freedom. Extremely difficult for us to understand, but It's not about us, It's about them. Again, I know how you feel and be ready to never fully understand it, It's now your new normal living with it. Again, heart felt sadness that you are going through this, prayers sent!! ..... Ulli.

Auto Transport Service
Back