• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here, and new to Mopar

redgumby

Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Max effort dirt and mud drag racing vehicle. Looking for information on total timing. 528 cubic inches, aluminum heads, 12 to 1 compression, team G open plenum intake 1250 holley dominator..630 ish lift howards solid roller cam, roller rockers. Msd 6al with stock distributor. 727 trans with trans brake and 4500 rpm stall converter. Running 38 degrees of total timing right now, seems sluggish of the line but screams at the end. 110 vp race fuel NGK viewer plugs gaped at .45. Total timing question asked as I try to get to know Mopar. Thanks

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia

Welcome,I set mine at 34. any pics?

Max effort dirt and mud drag racing vehicle. Looking for information on total timing. 528 cubic inches, aluminum heads, 12 to 1 compression, team G open plenum intake 1250 holley dominator..630 ish lift howards solid roller cam, roller rockers. Msd 6al with stock distributor. 727 trans with trans brake and 4500 rpm stall converter. Running 38 degrees of total timing right now, seems sluggish of the line but screams at the end. 110 vp race fuel NGK viewer plugs gaped at .45. Total timing question asked as I try to get to know Mopar. Thanks

Welcome,I set mine at 34. any pics?

20240628_185032.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, that's a lot of motor, the best on dialing it in. It's sort of trial and error unless you see what's going on with dyno pulls.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

38*s total isn't too uncommon, at all
depending on what fuel ?
110VP should handle that well...
what gear ratio ?
4,500 stall converter isn't nothing, with them tires unless it's steep *** gears too
what is the tire diameter ?
with them tall *** tires, out of the hole
better be like 4.88:1 min. gears or more like 5.13:1 (or steeper) to move 4800+ lbs fast

what was the cam degreed/installed in at ? (If you even know ?)
sort of sounds like the cam was installed retarded, buy your description...

is it (the Distributor) locked out all in all at once/all the time ?
or is that just the total ignition ?

you sure it's actually 38*s ?
is the damper a good one, hope it has slipped/rotated, false readings

really all them questions above, I asked
need to be answered/addressed when you start
your new thread
for people to really help you
the more info you supply the better results

maybe go to the Racers Hangout or the Ignition
or even the Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring, forums section here
post the question/s

good luck

I have, and am still a Ford
Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

38*s total isn't too uncommon, at all
depending on what fuel ?
110VP should handle that well...
what gear ratio ?
4,500 stall converter isn't nothing, with them tires unless it's steep *** gears too
what is the tire diameter ?
with them tall *** tires, out of the hole
better be like 4.88:1 min. gears or more like 5.13:1 (or steeper) to move 4800+ lbs fast

what was the cam degreed/installed in at ? (If you even know ?)
sort of sounds like the cam was installed retarded, buy your description...

is it (the Distributor) locked out all in all at once/all the time ?
or is that just the total ignition ?

you sure it's actually 38*s ?
is the damper a good one, hope it has slipped/rotated, false readings

really all them questions above, I asked
need to be answered/addressed when you start
your new thread
for people to really help you
the more info you supply the better results

maybe go to the Racers Hangout or the Ignition
or even the Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring, forums section here
post the question/s

good luck
4.56 in the rear, 4.11 in the front. We run low range though. 38 inch tires in the rear, 34 inch in the front. 4500 stall on trans brake, actually closer to 5000. Distributor is not locked, just do timing above 3500 so all mechanical is in play then. Brand new damper from 440 source. Yes 38* I timed it with a dial back to zero light. Yes cam is installed 4* retarded on purpose.

I have, and am still a Ford

4.56 in the rear, 4.11 in the front. We run low range though. 38 inch tires in the rear, 34 inch in the front. 4500 stall on trans brake, actually closer to 5000. Distributor is not locked, just do timing above 3500 so all mechanical is in play then. Brand new damper from 440 source. Yes 38* I timed it with a dial back to zero light. Yes cam is installed 4* retarded on purpose.
How do I start a thread in those?

How do I start a thread in those?
Just go to them specific forums (block tab "Forums" to click, on top left of the page)
scroll down, pick the proper forum & do what you did here
it's no different

Auto Transport Service
Back