• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New old guy w/1966 Coronet 500

440amf

Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Hello from Maine,

Well, here it is. I've been out of Mopars and into Jeeps for years, but if this thing, which has sunk to the K-frame and floor panels, doesn't break in half when we pull it up and then out, and it's actually restorable, which it seems to be, that's what I'll be doing. And doing, and doing, probably for a long time. I have a low miles 1973 440/727 combination out of a motorhome to put in, although the car has a 4 speed hump and the pedals, and a 4 speed is what I'd prefer to run if I can swing it.

My cousin "oldfastguy" gave this to me (Thank you Cuz!). Originally a 318 Poly, it now has a trashed 318 LA/904 in it with an 8-1/4 rear. Ideally, it'll have an 8-3/4 3.55 or 3.23 Sure Grip in it, an A-833, and a pretty much as-is 440 except with .019 head gaskets, 452 heads, and .284/.484 or Whiplash cam.

I have a 67 R/T hood for it (not shown) complete with the "scoop" trim pieces, and the 2 missing rear quarter trim pieces. I'll eventually convert it to 11" power discs in front, it already has power steering. I'd love to convert it to a Charger hide away headlight grille if possible.

So this is the beginning. I should have it home and in the garage within the next few weeks if all goes well. I'm not a lurker any more. :hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_3553.jpg
    IMG_3553.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_3554.jpg
    IMG_3554.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_3556.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
welcome to FBBO...

Normally I hate to see wheelwells cut up, especially on a 66/67 Coronet.

However, it looks like someone at least thought about the job first on those, and made an effort to keep the lines of the car.

:hello: :sSig_welcometoourcl:headbang:

Welcome to FBBO Wranglasaurus!

You will enjoy this site - Lots of good people and information

Ma Snart

My 71 Charger for your viewing pleasure - More pictures of my Mopars in my gallery

Attachments

• 71 Charger Three Quarter View #2.jpg
    71 Charger Three Quarter View #2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 257
Welcome aboard the forum.. It looks like that had a great color combo on it..

Welcome to FBBO Wranglasaurus!

You will enjoy this site - Lots of good people and information

Ma Snart

My 71 Charger for your viewing pleasure - More pictures of my Mopars in my gallery

I think I've seen all of your pictures already, I've been lurking for awhile, and they are awesome. I can't imagine anyone's "Mopar dreams" being more fulfilled, thanks for sharing them.

Welcome aboard the forum.. It looks like that had a great color combo on it..

The fender tag indicates "WW1", white. I'm not yet sure if it ever had a vinyl top or not. My last project, which I sold, was a 1973 Charger and it was also white. I like white for a color, but I don't think this one will be. A light, bright, silver metallic with a black vinyl top is a contender. I'm glad in a way that it'll be awhile before I have to decide. I can't wait to get it home and in the garage, then I'll start my resto thread.

Too bad about the wheel wells being cut, I would never have done it, but it doesn't matter in a big way because it's too late, I'm already in love with the car.

I really appreciate all of the welcomes guys, thank you.

I think I've seen all of your pictures already, I've been lurking for awhile, and they are awesome. I can't imagine anyone's "Mopar dreams" being more fulfilled, thanks for sharing them.

Thanks for the kind words. I am very lucky guy to have a great family, many good friends, and some nice Mopars!

Enjoy the site

Ma Snart

Thanks guys, hoping to have it home soon!

Good choice in car, I just picked one up last fall. Start surfing Ebay now, parts are tough to find for these.

Attachments

• IMG_9024.JPG
    IMG_9024.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 189
Welcome to the site, nice car. I have a 66 parts car I am almost done robbing what I need. Lots of good underbody and inner structure on this thing so take a look at what you need and let me know. Granted location is a bit far from Maine but ya never know.

Auto Transport Service
Back