• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PBS- Vietnam by Ken Burns

21766759_10213402242869081_6737797108483413166_n.jpg

Last night coming up I guess 8pm Eastern time on PBS. It has definitely been a trip you guys, thanks Jeff. And thanks 'kiwi'& others for not spilling the beans; you're a day ahead & probably already saw it. Love the Aussies!

I guess the end comes on next Thurs. I was using normal math & counting the hrs up. I can jump ahead & see that Kent State oughta hit about Tues(?). I was oughta boot camp almost a year and my compadres agreed we would've done what the Nat'l Guard did then( good or bad(?) not sure even today. The future wife on the other hand tried to give a ride to a co-worker that day and got stopped by barricades at city outskirts & co-worker had to have her mother come down and pick her up.

I watched an hour long preview and interview with Burns. He said it was not meant to answer any questions. Just to ask some. It would be neutral from both sides and whether you are pro or con, you will find something to confirm your beliefs.

So far I found it rather interesting. Learned a few things I didn't know, but what really got me was seeing the French war laid out like that was like looking into a crystal ball and seeing our future.

I am expecting future episodes to stir up memories and emotions better left alone, but can't help myself and will watch. Who needs sleep anyway.
I am expecting future episodes to stir up memories and emotions better left alone, but can't help myself and will watch. Who needs sleep anyway. Why i'm not going to watch.

Auto Transport Service
Back