• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

3AECC5BD-53BB-4601-8D6F-CCE577F5E988.jpeg

I wonder where this picture was taken. Those license plates...
Sweden I believe. Pre "EU" standardisation silliness.
Definitely in Europe, but Sweden had a large and active American car community. Note the 'mudflaps' on all the cars - thats a Swedish statute, as is the extra reflectors that you can barely see on the back of the Firebird. Also, look at the background, not England even tho square plates like that were available for a time.

Last edited:
Sweden I believe. Pre "EU" standardisation silliness.
Definitely in Europe, but Sweden had a large and active American car community. Note the 'mudflaps' on all the cars - thats a Swedish statue. Also, look at the background, not England even tho square plates like that were available for a time.
Agree

Stockholm, Sweden

What changed, attitudes about cars or the cars themselves? People just don't take photos with their cars anymore.
I think it’s a lot to do with attitudes, I’ve said it in other threads I’ll say it here. People went from proudly owning and showing off their pride and joy. To only caring about the numbers. It’s all about production numbers, how much you spent on what, how much it’s worth. It use to be the car, now it’s the dollar. It’s sad.

I work hard on throwing that bullshit attitude away, I recently bought a camera to be sure I take as many photos as I can when I go places. And I have my phone snapping pictures everywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back