• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PTSD

found this in todays VA email.....
check it out.

20220318_173136.jpg

I would say it would be great to get on those VA mailing lists and reach out as much as possible.

Thank you to all that served. Prayers to all of you that suffer because of it.

Thanks all, for your show of support,
encouragement, and sources of possible
treatments.
Ghostwriter 67,
What you explained about my sons' aversion
to wind gusts now makes perfect sense.
He likes rabbit hunting/long hikes in our
desert terrain but won't go on windy days.
I haven't been in quite a while due to
mobility issues, but might convince him
to go if I do.
He has not pursued any avenue to get the
help He needs. I bring it up often but I
can't force him to go to the VA.

Call VA or other Vet org locally to see if a Vet around his age & has experienced similar combat lives near you. It might help him just by relating to each other. HOPEFULLY he will see he is not alone & seek the help he needs. He has to do it. Fortunately, my daughter-in-law keeps my son on road to dealing with it, for his sake & his family's (married, 3 kids)

Prayers with him, you & the family.

Thanks all, for your show of support,
encouragement, and sources of possible
treatments.
Ghostwriter 67,
What you explained about my sons' aversion
to wind gusts now makes perfect sense.
He likes rabbit hunting/long hikes in our
desert terrain but won't go on windy days.
I haven't been in quite a while due to
mobility issues, but might convince him
to go if I do.
Unfortunately that is often the case, for a variety of reasons. I did see one fella who was in the same state of isolation that finally agreed to come to a group chat and it "busted his dam" and he let it all out. What a scene. BUT, it was the beginning of getting back to a life for him. He still goes. He's in a much better state of being in his skin than he was. One way is to figure out what your son likes to do that he would agree to have company doing. Get a vet to go along and let the natural conversation occur. It may take a few times to get him to participate. Even damaged people have strong opinions about everyday stuff and a convo is an avenue to driving the content towards his issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back