• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about BB transmssion mount 70s transmission into a 66 Coronet

Gscyrkel

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
Working on my first classic car and I've swapped a slant six in my 66 Coronet for a 440. I got a rebuilt transmission this past weekend and I've discovered it uses these later style mounts as pictured below. My question is what do I need to do if anything to get that style mount to work on my car.
1000005251.jpg

Working on my first classic car and I've swapped a slant six in my 66 Coronet for a 440. I got a rebuilt transmission this past weekend and I've discovered it uses these later style mounts as pictured below. My question is what do I need to do if anything to get that style mount to work on my car.
View attachment 1734755
Why don't you just use a 66 mount? I do think the later spool mount is superior when converted to urethane though. I built a new transmission cross member in order to use the spool style.
Mike
IMG_1594.JPG

Transmission doesnt care what mount is bolted to it. The cases are all the same.
BUT you have to use the mount that the crossmember requires

I'm deleting it, don't want to sell wrong part. It may have come back when I bought the drive train of a 62 Dodge. Sold the 62 in 1975 bought drive train back in 1985. Scrapped a 69 Coronet after pulling Engine/trans Somewhere in between. Thanks for pointing that out.

I have a new urethane spool mount mount like above that I don't have use for if your interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back