• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikgas01

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I had a guy call me today about a Mopars wanted ad I have on craigslist. He said he has a all original 66 Satellite convertible, big block, factory 4-speed. Very nice car red/black interior,buckets, console and again a VERY nice car. He wants 12,500 for it. I was thinking of flipping it. Think there is any money to be made on it? I am going on Sunday on a 100 mile trip to see it. He has 30 cars and have never listed anything before and is going to start selling.

If its close to show quality then maybe there is, But the economy has hurt the collectors car market quite a bit, and people dont have 20 grand sitting around to throw at a car anymore, I would check the numbers because if all you said is true, then it might be quite a rare car

Yep and you never know what else the guy might have stashed away. Take your camera and show us how it went.

He has a 57 chevy gasser, Im buying a 68 superbee clone with a 440, black/black/black for sure. I am taking a camera for sure.

satellite

I don't think thats a bad $ if its a nice car,a recently sold a 63 ragtop impala for big $,it all depends on quality,you can still pull a good profit on your ragtop,check out the 71 6 cyl Duster on ebay,nice car = $$$$.

Hopefully your not getting the snow thats heading here for this weekend.10" to 16" with 30 to 40 mph winds to follow.Yikes

Dont mind the snow but the wind part sucks.

I'm a big gasser fan so i'm looking forword to seeing the 57.

It was just suppose to just be bad today but now we have blizzard warnings tomorrow as well. I will see how the roads are. I need to take him money anyway for the 68.

It seems like a lot of money to pay for one of these if you want to make any money on it. That particular body style just isn't very popular. I've been trying to sell my '66 Coronet 500 convertible for several months and for a nice rust free Arizona car there is almost no interest at all in it. I had it on eBay and the bidding didn't even get up to $7000. The factory four speed helps, but I'm afraid $12,000 is too much to pay unless it is exceptionally nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back