• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racing in Colorado?

Curiousyellow71

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Reaction score
With Bandimere closed this is a big hit. Rocky mountain drag week lost Great bend, Bandimere and now Pueblo..Hopefully Pueblo comes back strong.

I will take postponed over closed!

Screenshot_20240426_085140_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_064631_Facebook.jpg

sucks to lose tracks :BangHead:

we used to have 26-28 here, in the hay day, we have 7 'or so' now,
since we lost Sacramento Raceway too

As to Pueblo Co., I wonder if they will get the proper funding, now...

Good luck

sucks to lose tracks :BangHead:

we used to have 26-28 here, in the hay day, we have 7 'or so'
Howley kahristmas, that's in all of California?

We got 1. And Sask is a pretty big land mass

Yep. I'm not familiar with Northern California, but we lost AAA Fontana a year or so ago. If you include Famoso as southern california, we have four tracks, one of which (ten minutes from my house) that we can't use. (Pomona).
Barona, 1/8, San Diego area, Irwindale, 1/ 8, L.A. area, and Famoso, Bakersfield, the only 1/4 mile track within 300 miles of my house, that I can use, that is.

I grew up in Great Bend and always attended the drag races. My brother raced there since the seventies and worked for the track as an inspector. It has been a real bummer when I go back there and have no races to attend. The local outfit that screwed up the new concrete, I have known since a young kid. Went to school with them and actually worked for them for a short while. Just a real bummer that they couldn’t manage to use the right concrete mixture, all to save a buck and put more money in their pocket. Two years now and no racing and nothing in the foreseeable future. A real bummer.

Back