• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rain....sick of it!

Being a Midwesterner, I do miss a good thunder boomer and rain. I know the farmers are never happy with Ma Nature and what the mid-west gets, I don't know how you guys deal with it? I just wish the west would get wet at least to help kill the fires, just don't want no lighting with it!

Missed the drought entirely.
Supposed to rain all week again.
Now worried about stalk rot and grain not drying down.

And we don't know how you guys deal with mud slides, earth quakes and fires. No place is perfect.

I moved away from 90% of that **** already, guess your a day late and a dollar short.

Missed the drought entirely.
Supposed to rain all week again.
Now worried about stalk rot and grain not drying down.
We got just enough rain to keep it green. From the road the ears are there but small. We are about 2 weeks from harvest and now rain. It looks like a good year for beans.

I suspect things got worse since yesterday.
What lake is that Sonny?
you Il. guys always want to know that...lol

I have a lot for sale in waushara co. ...it has a deep well, septic (facilitate 3 or 4 baths) , electric & paved approach !
91 ft lake frontage..on deep (glacier hole)smaller lake....
thumbnail

neighbors raft...sorry,
thumbnail

park..1/2 the lake
thumbnail

and sand country...
thumbnail

50K..OBO

We got just enough rain to keep it green. From the road the ears are there but small. We are about 2 weeks from harvest and now rain. It looks like a good year for beans.
I am between the good and the bad this year. We held on enough that the corn will be close to average and beans should be pretty good. We have gotten some really nice rains in the last week and the grass has greened up nicely. We have room for more in the sub soil. The storms the last few days have caused some damage in places from wind. The corn stalks put all their energy into the ear and now we have stalks breaking over.

The rain is relentless. My neighbors house sits quite a bit lower than mine. His driveway is completely under water and his house was an island until the water level went over his window wells. Water pressure finally broke the glass and his basement filled floor to ceiling. He has a couple of pumps running now, trying to drain the swamp. An exercise in futility and too little too late.

it is still raining here...lot of people in trouble...lot of cleanup to do
:(

put in a new sump pump yesterday ..my pvc glue would not stick (new primer & glue).....WTF?...went to HD to purchase more (ex strong) it worked , of course

Last edited:
The rain is relentless. My neighbors house sits quite a bit lower than mine. His driveway is completely under water and his house was an island until the water level went over his window wells. Water pressure finally broke the glass and his basement filled floor to ceiling. He has a couple of pumps running now, trying to drain the swamp. An exercise in futility and too little too late.
If he lives in a flood plain it would be intresting to see why that happened.

I have a new neighbor that just leveled the existing house. I need to tell him next time he is here there has at one time been 18 inches of flood water in the crawl space under it. Yes the joys of lake front and the water shed people add 18 inches to the spillway inlet so those below us don't get washed away. Six more inches is the main spillway. I am 6 inches above that.
That puts 4 homes under water and if not built right his could be the 5th.

If he lives in a flood plain it would be intresting to see why that happened.
According to a flood plain map, it isn't, but it's the lowest spot in the area and floods at least once a year, but never quite this bad. The original owner was denied a building permit back in the early '70's. Took the county to court and won. He put up with it for about 20 years. This guy is the 3rd owner (maybe the last).

He's sitting in the middle of several acres of water that is probably 2' deep at some points (swamp), when we get heavy rains. He's been pumping all day long and the water level hasn't gone down an inch. What he doesn't seem to comprehend is that he is pumping from one side of the road to the other, but the two sides are connected by a drain tile. It's like trying to lower the water level in the shallow end of a pool by pumping it to the deep side. Worse part is that he's a plumber, or at least that's what he calls himself. He turned on me about three years after moving in and we haven't spoken in the last eight years. I've been waiting for him to move. I think my wait is over.

According to a flood plain map, it isn't, but it's the lowest spot in the area and floods at least once a year, but never quite this bad. The original owner was denied a building permit back in the early '70's. Took the county to court and won. He put up with it for about 20 years. This guy is the 3rd owner (maybe the last).

He's sitting in the middle of several acres of water that is probably 2' deep at some points (swamp), when we get heavy rains. He's been pumping all day long and the water level hasn't gone down an inch. What he doesn't seem to comprehend is that he is pumping from one side of the road to the other, but the two sides are connected by a drain tile. It's like trying to lower the water level in the shallow end of a pool by pumping it to the deep side. Worse part is that he's a plumber, or at least that's what he calls himself. He turned on me about three years after moving in and we haven't spoken in the last eight years. I've been waiting for him to move. I think my wait is over.
Hope the insurance company tells him where to stick his claim. I can see a 1 time payout for not knowing. But repeated claims. NO

I'll trade you some 90+ days for some of that rain. Been a hot miserable summer.

Auto Transport Service
Back