• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear springs 1967 RT

RT Dan

Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi,thanks for the warm welcome.I have purchased this RT a bit ago,upon doing a check on it I’ve come across these aftermarket front rear spring hangers.The springs are on the lower setting,raising the rear a bit.Would this put the pinion angle out of spec.or not to bother?The original leafs are long gone.This are just stock looking with out the extra half leafs.Thanks.

IMG_0852.jpeg

That looks like a super stock spring hanger. When I installed the first set of super stock springs years ago. I sidn't know about pion angle, and never had a problem. Just installed a set a month ago, checked the pion angle and it was within spec. If the car drives fine your probably okay. But its easy to get an angle finder and check.

Last edited:
That looks like a super stock spring hanger. When I installed the first set of super stock springs years ago. I sidn't know about pion angle, and never had a problem. Just installed a set a month ago, checked the pion angle and it was within spec. If the car drives fine your probably okay. But its easy to get an angle finder and check.
Do check. You may consider a new set of springs.
Mike

yes, super stock leaf springs. The bottom holes are stock location. The UPPER holes lower the rear of the car, increase downforce on the rear tires & throw your pinion angle way off. You can double check the pinion angle if you like, but I bet it’s still correct

I have been running this set-up in my 1967 R/T for over 30 years, with no problems.

Auto Transport Service
Back