• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember that Charger that just sounded so good?

1724147328553.png

Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust ......

200w.gif

When I was a teenager, a guy in the neighborhood had a burnt orange 70 Charger with a white vinal top and interior. It was a 383 car. He had glass pack mufflers on it. I saw the car one night at dusk with just the parking lights on rumbling through the neighborhood with the sinister Charger silhouette. The stance was spot on. The lighting was perfect, the car looked and sounded unbelievable! I looked at the car and said, that's why I love these cars! No fake sound system in the world is going to match that!

Out where my buddy Cliff lives, there is a clown who has a 4-cyl Nissan Navara Ute fitted with a ridiculously over-sized turbocharger plus the teenage girl attracting 'skank whistle' (blow-off valve).
He drives around the village mashing gears at max RPM's to get full effect - but no real giddy-up....he just sounds like a tool.

Locals know him as Mr Wank Whistle. :jackoff:

The sound I remember (and miss) the most is my own '70 Charger from back in the day. It hasn't driven since 2003 and hasn't started in 12 years, which is why I miss the sound.

My 383 Magnum didn't have anything crazy done to it and there was nothing special about the exhaust, but I still remember if I drove past some later-model cars parked along the curb, it would set off the odd car alarm. I also loved how it sounded driving through a tunnel or parking garage, how that sound would reverberate...and in parking garages, set off overly-sensitive car alarms even more.

My parents drove a 70 440 Charger R/T SE, it was our family car. Around the time I saw the burnt orange 383 70 Charger,I was looking to get my own first Charger which ended up being a 69 318 Charger. I paid $250.00 for it. I put those Thrush cast aluminum side pipes on it. They sounded great on the car.

When we were teenagers we would play the stereo real loud when our parents were out of the house. We could always hear their Charger R/T SE coming down the street, we knew that they were going to be home any second and we would get the house back in order before they could get out of the car and into the house! That exhaust sound saved our asses many a time!

Out where my buddy Cliff lives, there is a clown who has a 4-cyl Nissan Navara Ute fitted with a ridiculously over-sized turbocharger plus the teenage girl attracting 'skank whistle' (blow-off valve).
He drives around the village mashing gears at max RPM's to get full effect - but no real giddy-up....he just sounds like a tool.

Locals know him as Mr Wank Whistle. :jackoff:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We have some of those ricer kids in my neighborhood, too. The ones that love the wheeze-whistle, the off-acceleration snap-crackle-pop of a badly tuned engine...and how could I forget the early downshifting making that angry-bees-in-a-fartcan engine note they love so much?

Auto Transport Service
Back