• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember Why We Love These Cars

When our governor, followed by our county mayor, made their latest declaration last
week about "safer at home" stuff, it included guidelines on what the definition of
"essential" meant (what we'd be allowed to travel/be caught on the road doing).
You know the drill - food, medical, essential job, etc.
They posted all that document on facebook, among other places, where I saw it.

One of these definitions caught my eye immediately. Quoting:
"5. a. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or the health
and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets)…"

I did my citizen duty and "shared" that post of the declaration with my contact list - with
my added caveat of my claiming Section 5a as the reason someone might see me out and about
in the GTX - that it would be essential to my mental health to just take a drive, like the fella in
the video above is talking about.

I figured everyone would understand - after all, I would come in close contact with zero people in
doing so and our county, especially the part I'm in, is very sparsely populated....
There was one little problem with my diabolical plan, however - namely, that the county sheriff
(among other local official types) are on my friends list on FB and had seen what I wrote.
Sure enough, first thing I see in my inbox on FB the next morning was a little note from said lawman... :eek:
He didn't scold me or anything like that in the note. All it said was:
"Everyone knows your car, Ed..."
Oy.:rolleyes:

I agree with your post and your tagline.
That's what I'm talking about. It does one good to get out and if you are not in contact with anyone I see no problem. Thanks if I get stopped for doing nothing but taking a ride I will definitely refer to my mental health. There are a few around my area that think I am crazy as hell anyhow.

I was driving my GTX today and a cop passed me, no problem.
I think it more not having contact with people unless it's esentialessential.

Today traffic is about half of normal with school out here, but not the desolate scene like elsewhere. The Governor just ordered the hotels and beaches closed by next Monday. Should be quieting down around here (Baja California Sur, Mexico) by then.

Xactly, outdoors is always good. Planning on shooting on this coming Sat. Told the better half it's a 'no touch' environment, other than what I bring with me. "Want to go?", no. You can pee beforehand and not use porta-potty? Still no, I'm going anyway,$100 a year, gotta use it!

Auto Transport Service
Back