• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing Furnace

Now all you need is to hijack a propane truck and you can live off the grid pretty comfortably.
:thumbsup:

Wow, wait a second so I can dust the cobwebs off of me. I know I am an old school, old fogey now & the fact that I still live in the Twighlight Zone, has really hit home with this thread. I have been in my house for almost 36 years.
My house was built in 1987. Salt Box Colonial, (2 story), 1600 sq. ft, with a full basement. Walls are 2"x6" and fully insulated. Double insulated in attic. Windows are all double panes. My heating system is still the original, oil fired HW baseboard 2 zone. Furnace is a Trianco & I believe it was made in England or at least by them through a local manufacturer. Fired by a Blue Angel Burner. I have a fairly small wood stove in the living room & both the furnace & woodstove have Magic Heat reclaimers, still made in Minnesota, I think. The hot water was originally from a coil inside the furnace, so we had to run the damn thing all year. I put in an electric hot water heater a few years back so we can shut off the furnace in warmer weather. We have 3 window A/C units; one downstairs, 8000 and 2 5000 upstairs and they do the whole house. I also installed a variable speed whole house fan the first year we lived there. The upside is my father & younger brother worked in the HVAC field most all their lives. On top of which, me. being a stationary engineer kind of fits right in. I got lots of free professional service assistance if it was needed and discounts on parts. At my age I can't see upgrading anything, as I will most likely croak before I could pay it off. Almost Everything I have is old, like me. My Dodge Caravan & Dodge Pickup are both from 2000, (24 years old). Not to mention the Toy which is a 1973. I am only still working because I have to. I am not complaining but this shift work is taking its toll. I forgot to mention that the people who I buy all of my heating oil are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and prices are always on the lowest side. They actually gave a free tank of oil to their biggest competitors mother because her a-hole son wouldn't. They also lost their young son last year to Covid. So, that's my story & I'm stickin to it!
:drinks:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back