• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rhino line a car???

Bb70charger500

Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm one of those guys that isn't find of the wash and wax part of owning a car ,I actually find paint annoying, I had a really nice black charger once I washed it waxed it drive it to the local car show and it was covered in pollen.
197335-f8b27c580fbc862c5e935fde4d452f72.jpg

So what can I do to get color on my car but not have to deal with the cleaning part! Or the chip paint ....
So I was told you can tint rhino lining today . So I thought you Know that might be kinda cool you don't ever see cars with it , it would be tough as nails no chip paint ...
I can get a bright orange color .
So for $189 a kit need two I can get color on my car ! I can do the hood black out and door louvers in black fairly easy .
Have you guys ever seen this in person on a car ?
Anyone know of any down side ?
It's a 72 rallye charger so it's not a super expensive car .
My budget is getting extremely tight and instead of the car sitting for 2-3 years why I get paint job money together I can rhino line it basically now and get it back together and enjoy it!

I'm Shure a rinse will be adequate!
I rinse my truck bed and it looks brand new every time !

Put it on.. good luck getting it off if you dont like it..

I thought only Ford Owners did that to keep the rusted metal together.. :)

Looks good on the above vehicles. On your Charger I don't know. I wouldn't do it...... Just sayin..... Good luck

I say no as well.. But your car do as you please.. On a Jeep ok, on a truck ok but on a road car meh. The texture alone would be goofy. Unless you are going to some sort of Post apocalyptic type crap out at burning man or stuff like that and are looking for a certain look. Otherwise NOPE on the Rhino liner.

1 not a big fan
2 gonna suck getting it off later
3 its your car. If you like it go for it. Your the one who has to be happy with it.

It looks like you've already done a lot of nice work on your car. I wouldn't do it, if you don't like it you're never going to remove it. Also, if you ever want/need to sell the car you will limit your pool of potential buyers. 440'

Put it on.. good luck getting it off if you dont like it..

I thought only Ford Owners did that to keep the rusted metal together.. :)
Had a friend that did his old ford 4x4 hunting truck with it. Scraped a tree with it and the tree looked like he sanded it, wiped right off the truck. It's there to stay for the rest of that trucks life!!

There is a camaro at our local racetrack that had that done. Absolutely hideous! I would rather see rust. I wouldn't do that to any car that was worth keeping out of a junkyard. If i owned a junkyard, i wouldn't let it in, nobody would want the body panels.
I absolutely agree about black cars though. I had three at one time. Never again! Spend the whole morning washing them, by the time you finish the third, the first needs washing again.

In my experience, Rhino lining will fade over time. It also can be a bugger to clean, though I don't expect that you'll be hauling dirt with the car.

Save up a few Dollars, and find a Macco, or Earl Schieb level shop to spray it for you. I'm sure it will look better than the Bed Liner...

We use the same brand kit at the shop, {Raptor} Yes you can get it in a neutral base and have your paint supplier mix and code of color tint you wish to use. They have to leave out a binder on the base.
We have used it on many farm trucks and about anything that see's a lot of gravel road time.
Normally shoot the bottom 10 to 12" or molding / trim lines down under rockers for rock chip protection.
Works good, like any product prep is the key.
Your car do as you wish, just keep in mind its not paint and once on its a lot more work than a DA job to get it off.

Black car? Better be ready to clean, clean, clean! You can actually watch the dust settle on it.
Rhino liner? Hell No! Looks like all the prep work is done for a nice (not black) paint job. Silver
doesn't show the dirt that well. You'll hate yourself in the morning!

I've seen cars and trucks with that stuff and looks terrible to me, is a 3rd gen charger and is a beautiful car, keep it that way please, waxing and polish a car is fun although times consuming, IMHO, you are avoiding one of the fun parts of owning an old car, the cleaning, fixing, restoring, repairing part is where most of the fun are, stay close with your car, I bet you're gonna regret it a lot if you apply that stuff in your charger, put yourself to work and clean that car in a propper way.

A good many vehicles around town here have it done. The wife and saw a Ford truck that was two tone in it last week. From 40-50 feet you couldn’t really see the texture, just looked like flat paint. But up close you could see it. I have had it inside vehicles, on the floorboards, so I could wash them out. If you get any kind of mud or heavy dirt on it, you will be scrubbing. That texture will trap it and a rinse doesn’t always get it clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back