• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rustoleum paint job

There's a huge thread about this over on the Moparts board under the question & answer section - the title of the thread is New paint job on a budget part III.

I'm in the middle of putting a Rustoleum Sunrise Red paintjob on my Satellite. It's coming out better than I thought, not perfect, but at less than $50 total invested, I'm ok with the results. I will, at some point, get a "proper" paint job, but since the paintjob from the factory would have been similar to this "dull" alkyd enamel, not BC/CC "wet look", I think it will be fine for a while.

I just want to be able to drive the snot out of this car without being embarrassed by a chalky, ugly primer paintjob and I don't have the cash for an expensive job right now. The gloss red will do fine. Also, the paint hardens just fine. I tried to scratch it with a nail in a hidden spot, no damage. Try that with a BC / CC job...

I am pretty happy with how it came out lots of color sanding and lots of elbow grease but for $48 bucks im not gonna complain too much... And i would for shure do it again.....

Auto Transport Service
Back