• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shuttering?

Loulang

Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
1966 Dodge Charger 383/727. I feel a shuttering like vibration only when I get into the gas real good. But it I just drive it easy there is no shuttering. This feeling is new, I did have motor work done and I installed a Hughes torque convertor. Motor is a 383 .30 roller lifters/rockers Edelbrock aluminum heads and Holley sniper system. Lokar gas/TV cables. Could this be my torque converter? My converter warranty is void at the end of the month. I have put almost 800 miles on the new parts. Thanks for any advice I really appreciate it.

B05F315F-564F-4899-A097-8F44A1DC16F6.png

F4B44C95-366F-4A07-AB98-6125400485F0.png

I would call that "shuddering" but I think we mean the same thing.
I've had that happen and didn't bother to replace just the converter or transmission. I replaced both. I suspected it might be in the transmission itself though. Low pressure in the transmission could cause this.

Could be driveshaft U joints..
I will check that here soon. It’s only when I apply a lot of gas. If I drive her like I’m elderly then it’s fine but if I stomp on the gas I get a light shuttering vibration till I let off the gas some. It did not do this when I first started driving it around.

I did change my plugs and fuel filter. I was told by my tuner to get a 10 micron fuel filter and I did. I also got autolite xp iridium plugs and gapped them at .45 is my gap to much I’m wondering.

Update: Gap the plugs at 35 and like 97% of the shuttering is gone

Nope there both good. It didnt do it before I changed the plugs and fuel filter.

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back