• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed Channel

It seems that all the speed shows have been replace with Fox sports 1 in my area. I am just like many of you I could careless about who did what on the court or on the field. I can find that out on any channel .what I purchased cable for was to get the car shows that I wanted to see because other channels didn't offer them ,Now it's almost as if the network is going to make me watch what they think I need to be watching.with these car shows it gave me a chance to unwind knowing that there was always something on the speed channel I could go to.Reality tv is taking over the networks with Honey boo-boo and other crazed shows that do not make sense to me.No more westerns or car chansing movies just people looking for ghost and Bigfoot. Look's like we are going to have to start our own network if we are going to see anything worth watching. LOL

About done with pay TV too. Have my box set to record gun smoke every morning, it is now 70 minutes long so they can sell 10 more minutes of commercials. When I first bought TV there were no commercials, that's why you paid for it. Yep I think I will be getting more done in the chicken coop.

It pisses me off so bad if I could find the right #I would call them and let them know how all the gear heads think.go ahead give me a # to them............Artie

Im pissed also,i might as well get rid of my Satelite now.We should start some kind of facebook site,and let them know how we all feel.No more Barrett Jackson.i loved watching the cars,i can sit for hours watching them.Im even more pissed now .LOL

In NY, a new channel called MAVTV ‘must see racing TV.....On Direct TV channel 214........

Thanks Pops but we cant get Direct TV here in Canada.

Anyone know where we can view "My Classic Car" or 2 Guys Garage now?

I was watching those just yesterday or the day before but it wasn't on speed so it must have been velocity or discovery. Discovery has been putting on car shows here lately so I watch either that or velocity.

Speed has been gone for a while

when I was growing up I never thought that one day that I would have to pay for TV or a bottle of water whats next :eusa_think:

What about the auto auction shows ???

I've seen some Auction America Car sale on NBC Sport Network, maybe they will pick up some of the slack, that Velocity or Discovery Network doesn't... been seeing a bunch more automotive related stuff, on obscure channels lately...

with a new fangled state of the art, rotory antena too

when I was growing up I never thought that one day that I would have to pay for TV or a bottle of water whats next :eusa_think:

yeah :iamwithstupid: In Concord Ca., we had 4 Networks/channels #2 #3 #5 #7 {3 national & 1 local} & then 2 UHF channels #36 & #40 & you actually had to get off your arse & manually had to turn the dial, to see another station too...LOL... Then good old well or tap water, before they started put all the chemicals in it....

- - - Updated - - -

at least we still have the only REAL auction show on TV...Mecum

yeah where only 50% of the cars sell...LOL...

yeah where only 50% of the cars sell...LOL...

exactly my point Buds!! that is a TRUE test of the market...not hollywood crap.

don't get me wrong, i always watch the bj when it's on; but it is for the pure entertainment factor of it all.

Only reason to do this was to make more room for the shrinking Balls & stick yourself with a needle sports...when they didn't have enough room....did they also think that gear heads whatever they stuck in front of us...bullcrap!

My, Oregon Ducks Football, will be on Fox Sports 1 today @ 1:00pm pst, so I will watch that anyway...LOL...

Im pissed also,i might as well get rid of my Satelite now.We should start some kind of facebook site,and let them know how we all feel.No more Barrett Jackson.i loved watching the cars,i can sit for hours watching them.Im even more pissed now .LOL

You don't still have it Kinger? I have speed still, so does my dad. I'm with shaw and he is with bell... But all it is now is West Coast Customs and Nascar. Also, we can get direct tv up here, I just helped my neighbor do his satellite for it

-Ryan

Im still getting some Speed ,but i think its all reruns,from what i understand ,the channel will no longer exist for very long.

My, Oregon Ducks Football, will be on Fox Sports 1 today @ 1:00pm pst, so I will watch that anyway...LOL...

The UW vs Boise State game was on Fox Sports 1 last night. While I enjoyed watching the Huskies beat Boise, I thought the TV coverage was terrible. The announcers and director couldn't keep up with the game. I want Speed back and get some other network to cover college football that can do a decent job. JMHFO.

Auto Transport Service
Back