• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stellantis Struggles Continue

If the new F250 my company issued me is any gauge, y'all don't want a Ford...

My lease will be up on my Ram in Nov of next year and I am seriously considering a Ferd because of that stupid engine.

View attachment 1701258

First Ram...2019 Laramie

View attachment 1701261

Current Ram...2022 Laramie

View attachment 1701262
The price for a 2024 Laramie is insane even after the "discount".

Methinks the chickens have come home to roost.

Screenshot_20240727-075900~2.png

Inventory | Butler Chrysler Dodge Jeep

My lease will be up on my Ram in Nov of next year and I am seriously considering a Ferd because of that stupid engine.

View attachment 1701258

First Ram...2019 Laramie

View attachment 1701261

Current Ram...2022 Laramie

View attachment 1701262
I'll drive Chrysler products only till I'm done with all of them. Ford had nothing better in there stable. 5.0-liter V-8 , but it doesn't have much to offer over F-150 EcoBoost V-6 engines. If you're leasing and not owning, what could it hurt to stay with the Ram.

Aren't all the Ford F-150s also turbo 6 cylinders? I didn't know you could still buy one with a V8
Yes, still available with the coyote V8 in the 150. In the 2500 and up, the 7.3L gas V8 is available.

A lot of good points in this thread. As most of you know, I am employed by this conglomerate, and I'm nervous for my job. This guy has no clue how to run an american car company as evidenced with our poor earnings.
Let's count the models he's axed since coming aboard:
Caravan, Town and Country, Charger, 300, Challenger, Journey, Durango, Cherokee, Renegade, 500c, 500L, and Grand Cherokee(only the L is available).
How can you make money when you kill off all the popular cars? He came to Chicago to meet with Chicagoland dealers, oh, to be a fly on the wall in that room, lol.
And the hemi is gone. Our icon. It is hard to keep a good attitude and confidence in our future when you witness all these stupid decisions being made, combined with constantly forcing this bev crap down our throats as 'the future'. We were supposed to take a couple hour training course on 'Climate Change', which I still have yet to do and doubt I will as I know it's a bunch of bs; just more rhetoric they are trying to shove down our throats. I heard a rumor that he wanted to stop the Cummins by 2026, but that was quashed somehow and it's been extended through 2030. I can't go into it too much but let's suffice to say, I miss Sergio, and the old president of Dodge. They knew how to run a car company.
To close, name one French made supercar, one.

Almost twice what we paid for our first house.
One of the last Condo's I flipped Cost me $150,000. Sold it for $245,000 and today, it's well over $300,000. All this in less than 5 years. Realtor, who needed one, they were standing in line. Had I not made a personal deal at $245,000, they would have bid me to $300,000 three years ago.

Yesterday, red peppers were on super sale for a $1.59 each, down from a $1.89 two weeks before that. Everything has gone to hell.

Last edited:
One of the last Condo's I flipped Cost me $150,000. Sold it for $245,000 and today, it's well over $300,000. All this in less than 5 years. Realtor, who needed one, they were standing in line. Had I not made a person deal at $245,000, they would have bid me to $300,000 three years ago.

Yesterday, red peppers were on super sale for a $1.59 each, down from a $1.89 two weeks before that. Everything has gone to hell.
Good news is red peppers went down! :lol:

A lot of good points in this thread. As most of you know, I am employed by this conglomerate, and I'm nervous for my job. This guy has no clue how to run an american car company as evidenced with our poor earnings.
Caravan, Town and Country, Charger, 300, Challenger, Journey, Durango, Cherokee, Renegade, 500c, 500L, and Grand Cherokee(only the L is available).
How can you make money when you kill off all the popular cars? He came to Chicago to meet with Chicagoland dealers, oh, to be a fly on the wall in that room, lol.
And the hemi is gone. Our icon. It is hard to keep a good attitude and confidence in our future when you witness all these stupid decisions being made, combined with constantly forcing this bev crap down our throats as 'the future'. We were supposed to take a couple hour training course on 'Climate Change', which I still have yet to do and doubt I will as I know it's a bunch of bs; just more rhetoric they are trying to shove down our throats. I heard a rumor that he wanted to stop the Cummins by 2026, but that was quashed somehow and it's been extended through 2030. I can't go into it too much but let's suffice to say, I miss Sergio, and the old president of Dodge. They knew how to run a car company.
Chrysler blue runs through my veins, yes my Coronet is one of them. The fact that they offered me a great living for a long time and they still take care of me is why I hang tight. They may be looking bad, but our world order is to blame when it's all said and done. Hold tight!!

Last edited:
Foreign interests took the company, then went all-in on the EV kumbaya....
Obviously not the sharpest businessmen standing, since they axed all their bread and butter
(and still popular) models to do so, in effect signing on with the "force public opinion" mindset.
Hasn't worked out with EV's that way, despite so much subsidy and corporate wrangling...
The technology simply isn't there yet (if ever).
Many other major players have now backed away from it to a large extent and it's turned
into what it probably should have been all along - a niche market.

Good news is red peppers went down! :lol:
Bad news is, it's done that before!! I've noticed the cheaper they get, the softer they get. Next step in a few days is the 40 yarder out back, where I could get them for free!! :thumbsup:

Foreign interests took the company, then went all-in on the EV kumbaya....
Obviously not the sharpest businessmen standing, since they axed all their bread and butter
(and still popular) models to do so, in effect signing on with the "force public opinion" mindset.
Hasn't worked out with EV's that way, despite so much subsidy and corporate wrangling...
The technology simply isn't there yet (if ever).
Many other major players have now backed away from it to a large extent and it's turned
into what it probably should have been all along - a niche market.
Well said and the more we vote, the more one side is backing down, if only a little.

The "conglomerate's" goal is to sell as many Peugeot and Fiats as possible. The plan is to trick the Chrysler customer into thinking he's bought a Mopar with a rebadged Peugeot.

Jeep and RAM will be sold off to another automaker soon

Day what you will about Ford, but if they continue the 5.0 in trucks that will help them leapfrog Ram for the staunch V8 customer (like myself).

Well said and the more we vote, the more one side is backing down, if only a little.
And vote with your pocket book. I have faith in our group here not jumping on the EV bandwagon. The manufacturers will back off on production if no one buys them. If I was to buy anything resembling a EV I would get a plug-in hybrid. My wife could drive it to work for a week on the battery and we could use the gas power for weekend trips. Plug it in as needed.

The "conglomerate's" goal is to sell as many Peugeot and Fiats as possible. The plan is to trick the Chrysler customer into thinking he's bought a Mopar with a rebadged Peugeot.

Jeep and RAM will be sold off to another automaker soon

Day what you will about Ford, but if they continue the 5.0 in trucks that will help them leapfrog Ram for the staunch V8 customer (like myself).
Only Fiat models currently are the Fiat 500x and 500e. Every other model made by them was discontinued. 500x will be soon. Italians are pissed. Not one puegot model is being sold here, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

And vote with your pocket book. I have faith in our group here not jumping on the EV bandwagon. The manufacturers will back off on production if no one buys them. If I was to buy anything resembling a EV I would get a plug-in hybrid. My wife could drive it to work for a week on the battery and we could use the gas power for weekend trips. Plug it in as needed.
I'm not buying anything that may or may not be a problem being stored in my garage. How about the fire department being better off buring the car in sand from a dump truck to put it out than using water and when they finally get it put out, there's nothing left that can't be hauled off with a dustpan and a broom. No repair, total replacement, that should help bring insurance cost down. If there's nothing left but a Lamborghini, that will be my daily driver....... Screw them.............

Only Fiat models currently are the Fiat 500x and 500e. Every other model made by them was discontinued. 500x will be soon. Italians are pissed. Not one puegot model is being sold here, and I don't see that happening any time soon.
What is the Hornet?

if they continue the 5.0 in trucks (like myself).
That day is coming, have you looked at the problems ford is having. You don't always do your best work when you're being pushed into a corner by politicians that have no idea. They can come talk to me about changes when these big shots stop flying their private jets across the country to go get a new dress.................

Auto Transport Service
Back