• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stellantis Struggles Continue

C bodies make the ultimate sleepers. No one expects the big boy engine new Yorker lol
(insert that picture of the Big Chrysler at the strip lifting the front wheel off the ground)
IMG_20221011_214243.jpg

Nothing wrong with electronic controlled engines. It's the car body controls being hung off the engine controls that make it too complicated and demand too much from software. Can it be done? Yes does it get corrupted, yes. This is the problem. Some dip **** software engineer decided that heated mirrors are a safety item on newer semi-trucks, they kinda are but not a shutdown type issue. Well because they tied it together it is. So when you delivery is later than you expected it might be because the trucks heated mirrors did not work, that sounds logical? It really is ridiculous. What next tire goes low engine shuts off and your wife/girlfriend is stuck on a 2 lane road in the dark with a disabled car, instead of just drive on the rim to a more public spot off the road. These brain dead super smarts that have no common sense are making decisions for us well in advance, wrong answer.
Rant off.

This!

Has anyone bought a very new model of anything? The people that have tell me that the lane assist (steering take over), auto braking, warning chimes, and other auto driving controls are frustrating as hell. Big pothole in the road so you want to cross over the fog line to avoid it? Forget about it and brace yourself for impact.

While I hope my personal driver (Ram) will take me to the end, I'm dreading the day that the family driver has to be replaced.

The people that have tell me that the lane assist (steering take over), auto braking, warning chimes, and other auto driving controls are frustrating as hell. Big pothole in the road so you want to cross over the fog line to avoid it?
My BIL, super techy guy, builds giant data bases for medical networks, and now banking Internet security. Almost wrecked a loaner Range Rover while his older one was on the shop over lane departure. New big trucks have this also, so when a truck does not move over when your on side of the road it either has this or, driver might have flip-flops on.

Last edited:
The programmers they use are book learned and stupid in real life experience

Ya know they were one of the last to the party and they watched everyone jump off the edge, some are still hanging on by their finger tips. Stellantis just waved the middle finger at us and did a cannon ball off the cliff with no water below .
Stupid is as stupid does! Go full retard and cry like a baby when you tank — guess what I will salute Carlos back with the my middle finger! No taxpayer bailouts allowed! Imo.

It is definitely the electronics that sends cars to the junkyard today. To be more specific the CAN BUS communication just cannot be trouble shot in the field. Even in a engineering lab with oscilloscope and communication analyzers CAN BUS issues cannot be easily located.
I have to do it every day. It's difficult but far from impossible.

This is gathering momentum. Finally. I hope tavaris gets the boot and we separate from psa soon. The thing the dealers are tiptoeing around is they don't want electric cars on their lots. We have lost 2/3 of our Fiat and Alfa dealers over just 2 BEV being launched by these brands. They sit on the lots upwards of 300 days before they sell. Can't make money paying interest on them while they sit.

I read somewhere recently that five of the ten slowest selling cars/trucks were stellantis brands. Worst was the Hornet, 465 days of stock on the lots.

Ram 2500 and 3500 models are piling up on the new dealership lots here. Some type of redistribution of inventory from other parts of the country? One thing for sure...how many people around here can afford $80k to $100+k vehicles? The RAM dealerships here aren't discounting them very much.
what amazes me is how much the dealers want for vehicles in Tulsa , compared to Texas dealers . Have had more than one family member go to Dallas after backing out of cars and trucks deals in Tulsa , all of our dealer are rapists !!

This!

Has anyone bought a very new model of anything? The people that have tell me that the lane assist (steering take over), auto braking, warning chimes, and other auto driving controls are frustrating as hell. Big pothole in the road so you want to cross over the fog line to avoid it? Forget about it and brace yourself for impact.

While I hope my personal driver (Ram) will take me to the end, I'm dreading the day that the family driver has to be replaced.
My wife's new ford SUV has the lane assist thing , and I "absolutely hate it !" Turn it off every time I get in it , it doesn't work right anyway ...

Everyone complaining about the lane assist, just turn on your turn signal, it disables it.

I bought a 23 RAM Limited almost exactly a year ago with the possibility it might be my last new vehicle for myself. Only put 3500 miles on it but it has been troublefree, if complicated, so far. Changed the oil the other day and replacing the oil filter was fun. I thought the old BB/RB horizontal oil filter over the K-member in the old Mopars was a bitch. Well, I think Stellantis actually managed a worse condition on the RAM. But, it’s just one big computer and computer-actuated devise and after 6 months of mulling it over I finally purchased a factory extended warranty at a discount. Not sure how much it will help but for $1,000 it gave me some peace of mind.

I was reading on the RAM forum this morning that someone removed their electrically latched tailgate on his new 24 model and neglected to plug the electronics back in before setting it back in place and closing it. Now he can’t get to the plug, to plug it back in and RAM deleted the mechanical internal unlatching at some point recently and he can’t get it open. He’s taken off the inner access plates but found nothing to help unlatch it. So far the dealer doesn’t seem to have any ideas. Great!

I bought a 23 RAM Limited almost exactly a year ago with the possibility it might be my last new vehicle for myself. Only put 3500 miles on it but it has been troublefree, if complicated, so far. Changed the oil the other day and replacing the oil filter was fun. I thought the old BB/RB horizontal oil filter over the K-member in the old Mopars was a bitch. Well, I think Stellantis actually managed a worse condition on the RAM. But, it’s just one big computer and computer-actuated devise and after 6 months of mulling it over I finally purchased a factory extended warranty at a discount. Not sure how much it will help but for $1,000 it gave me some peace of mind.

I was reading on the RAM forum this morning that someone removed their electrically latched tailgate on his new 24 model and neglected to plug the electronics back in before setting it back in place and closing it. Now he can’t get to the plug, to plug it back in and RAM deleted the mechanical internal unlatching at some point recently and he can’t get it open. He’s taken off the inner access plates but found nothing to help unlatch it. So far the dealer doesn’t seem to have any ideas. Great!
Oops! (Why would Joe Average need to remove a tailgate anyway? I've been driving pickups for forty years, never removed a tailgate once.)

Auto Transport Service
Back