• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Superbird clone project

MikeVimr

Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone selling unfinished superbird clone or at least a 70 sattelite/belvedere that could be a good start?
I know the chances are low to none, but who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky :D

It's too soon, but I guess I'll post it up here. IF (and that's a big if) my wife doesn't change her mind, she wants to sell the GTO and have us put together a Superbird clone.
I won't revisit the soul crushing grief that her forcing me to sell my Roadrunner brought, and I would have rather made it a Superbird than to have sold it or have to start over with a 70 Satellite, GTX, or Roadrunner I know nothing about, but she has been steadfast that the Superbird clone is a definite thing, once I achieve a goal at the track w/the GTO, and get a couple of things finished on it, namely the TKO-600 5 speed we have had for 4+ years and the replacement coilover style 9" Quick Performance rear axle housing swapped in.
So to not crush my spirit again, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I will start to get some ideas of cost and availability of parts for the conversion, and to see if there are any 'Bird projects anyone may want to sell.
I'll leave this: While I'll never forget the horrible circumstances that made me sell my Roadrunner after all the time, planning, parts, systems, effort, and MONEY I put into what was THE perfect car for me, I believe seeing a Lemon Twist Superbird clone in the garage will likely help relieve the pain.

I don't have a Superbird clone project to sell, but I felt your pain reading your post. So many times we hear about husbands having to sell a car or bike due to something the wife seems more important. It rarely is. I hope you are never put in that position again.

I don't have a Superbird clone project to sell, but I felt your pain reading your post. So many times we hear about husbands having to sell a car or bike due to something the wife seems more important. It rarely is. I hope you are never put in that position again.
I was beside myself, and I won't go into it, but it never should have happened, and unfortunately it happened when I couldn't do anything to prevent it without likely losing my house.
Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back