• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

9F8105C2-5D91-4B9B-85F6-711A368F398D.jpeg

There was a lot of packs of liver in that side of Beef as well.
More livers than the animal ever possessed I'll bet. I prefer to pay a little more and get the nice cuts from my local butcher. Supermarket meat packs can take a hike....hiding all that rubbish under what looks like meat.

Ya, or intestines or tripe. I won't eat that **** (literally! lol), but I sell the hell out of it!!
My great Aunt used to boil up tripe & onions for many years (many dinners over many years.....not boiling the same tripe for many years). I hated it.....tasted it a few times....as a kid you get told what to eat.

The smell of it cooking was pretty much like having your nose under a cow's flaps while it pees.

Revolting is being kind......just like those wackos that eat Lutefisk.

Looked up Rapure and the receipt used pork. The receipt for Rappie uses chicken. What's up?
Mom always used both?? The old folks and some still use rabbit. Way back when, it was a lot easier to get a few rabbits than get fresh meat in the winter. Still lots of snaring going on in the Acadian districts. And it does add a great flavor to the rapure and pottie.

It's Rapure not Rappie. Good for breakfast. Good for supper.
I just checked it out. I've have only known it as rapure not rappie. Mom use to make it. Same as Pottie it's just like a meat pie except instead of a pie crust it's made with a bannock bread and is a loaf of bread(bannock) with the meat filling with spices. Christmas morning tradition in my family.
Every year we boys would have to process our kills from deer season. Also from Dad's hunting trips with our Uncles out West where they took mule deer, bear and antelope. Many hours grinding that little meat grinder attached to the edge of the counter... we didn't SEND our meat out to return all neatly packaged up. We skinned and cut our meat and processed it manually, at home. The kills from out West were brought back partially cut up and finished at home. We would combine mule deer with white tail to cut the "gamey" taste of the mule deer down a little bit. Made the most excellent burgers.

Auto Transport Service
Back