• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The return of MAXIMVS...

Thanks! It would have been nice to meet up with someone there. I hate being cooped up in a hotel room on weekends with nothing to do. If I ever go there again, I'll be sure to drop you a line for a meetup to talk some treason... I liked the area, some very nice folks and pretty country. Bet the hunting & fishing is good as well.

Chuck (snook)
I hope you get up this way again. Yes, plenty of outdoor activities...including mopars and drag racing:thumbsup:

Updates:
- Car went into the upholstery shop last week. Will be back home tomorrow morning. Stopped by this afternoon and settled up; they do great work. The change from a white headliner to the red was the best choice, it looks great! Had to redo the rear seat delete area with new carpet as it was butchered from 20 years ago, also looks great! Package tray area was covered in lightweight carpet (by me 20 years ago) and looked terrible after 20 years; it's being replaced by a non-speaker repro package tray and it looks really good as well. The old dome light lens was yellowed beyond recovery (chrome is all but gone) and is being replaced by a new repro, really nice piece - thank God I left all the original wiring in place 20 years ago. I had removed the sun visors and swivel mounts 20 years ago; I sourced OEM swivel mounts in great shape and got new sun visors from Herb's with the OEM ends, nice pieces but had to wait almost 4 months to get them - worth the wait though! I'll get some pics and post them up when it gets here.
- Spare 1965 slip yoke pushbutton trans goes in for a rebuild next month. Will come back with later input shaft to accommodate my new style 9.5" converter, shift kit and a billet steel front drum. The rebuilt race trans will be sold off; it has a 2.77 low gear set, steel planetaries and an A&A RMVB valve body plus a ton of other stuff that I can't remember what went into it. It's a full race trans and as much as I love punching the buttons, I want a self shifting trans for street use. The next racer to get it won't be disappointed.
- Working through the build for the new engine. It will be a 500" stroker with 10:1 CR, Trick Flow 270's, Isky solid roller with Isky EZ bushed roller lifters (no needle bearings), T&D roller rockers (1.5:1) and the original 62-63 crossram with either 625's or 750 AFB's, blah, blah, blah. Once the engine is complete, it will get dyno'd before I install it and I'll post the results. I'm selling off the old 14-15:1 CR motor with the max wedge heads and Isky ductile rockers. Still has great compression.

Chuck (snook)

Interior pics attached. Need to get the rear window installed and I'll get some better pics but turned out well. I think the sun visors I got are for a convertible though, need to get those changed out for the correct ones.

Chuck (snook)

20240711_205242.jpg

20240711_205251.jpg

20240711_205259.jpg

20240711_205313.jpg

Updates:
- The rear window is back in. Rob Bullwinkle (Omega Glass 772-631-5335, tell him I sent you, he's a great guy and car enthusiast) did a great job as usual; he does work for a lot of high end exotics and once you see him at work it's clear as to why he's the go-to guy. All the Savoy glass is original and Rob takes great pains to preserve the glass and he's done numerous jobs for me and it has always been flawless. He installed the new Steele Rubber gasket, it's a great piece as usual, I use their products exclusively and have never been disappointed.
- Still piecing together parts for the new trans & engine

Chuck (snook)

I just love following this thread. It is great to watch an old warrior being resurrected to live a new life as a streetcar that still pays homage to its roots. Great job.

Shoutout to Corey at Herb's Parts (AMS Obsolete <[email protected]>) for his excellent customer service regarding the exchange of the convertible sun visors with the correct color (RED #550) and Hardtop/sedan 1963 unique sunvisors. Good job Corey! I've attached the R.E.M. catalog for those that may need info in the future.

Chuck (snook)

Attachments

• REM Material Catalog.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 40
Got the correct visors yesterday and installed them today, see pics. I'm happy with them and Herb's service.

Chuck (snook)

20240808_152037.jpg

20240808_152045.jpg

20240808_152150.jpg

20240808_152332.jpg

20240808_153227.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back