• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Theme songs for your life - who's got one?

Who doesn't want this ......

:lol:

I just discovered this band called Nickelback. :eek:

As much crap as they've caught (for "reasons" I still don't understand), that band is perfectly a serviceable rock band,
something in increasingly short supply in the overall scheme of lame-assed music these days.
I give those guys credit - they've hung tough in the face of the circus of social media scorn.

I feel like this pretty much all the time

When a man is a user and abustive about it, it's time to take her away from him. You can't take away something that was clearly never his and now will always be mine. Her choice, as it should be, because blue ain't your color.

As much crap as they've caught (for "reasons" I still don't understand), that band is perfectly a serviceable rock band,
something in increasingly short supply in the overall scheme of lame-assed music these days.
I give those guys credit - they've hung tough in the face of the circus of social media scorn.
I never really got into or took notice of them, although I had heard the hype.

My eyes were opened after watching the Netflix story about them a week ago. It's well worth the watch.
Basically just a bunch of school friends/family trying to make a good living - and without the hard drugs like most bands get stuck into. :thumbsup:

All that crap they received was born out of nothing but jealousy.

From about 15 to about 55, I had the world by the tail
(so I thought) & mine was/would be

Radar Love is one of them but so are very many others!

Radio is playing some forgotten song...
Brenda Lee is coming on strong....

The road has got me hypnotized...
And I'm speedin' into a nude sunrise...

Lately since Jan 2021
I'd say it's gotta' be, Toby Kieth's "Courtesy of the Red white & blue"
Or
"As good as I once was"

RIP Toby you are missed...

This song will always resonate with me until I die. Many Vietnam vets will remember this song.

A newer version done by Dean Ford of Marmalade before his passing. This is excellent.

Lately since Jan 2021
I'd say it's gotta' be, Toby Kieth's "Courtesy of the Red white & blue"
Or
"As good as I once was"

RIP Toby you are missed...
HA! I was just thinking this. The last 12-20 months I have been doing a much more stressful, much less physical job and if it wasn;t for stuff I work on at home I would be a fat useless slob by now I think. Still, the stress and my age and I think that age thing is finally creeping in. But I certainly know I can't do things I did at 20 years old. Hell as far as running or biking etc. I can't do things I did when I was 15. But I could. If I needed to, once or twice. :)

I got into the work force about 3 years before the economy went to bunk last time.
Then things got better for like 3 years a bit more recently.
Then for the last couple years it went to bunk again.
Not much to do about it. Luck of being born at a certain point in time I guess. So I do what I can. What else is there to do?

Related-

I "existed" through the last junk economy. Maybe I could have done things differently, but it would have meant leaving my parents high and dry and leaving siblings behind and a few other things. NUH-UH, that is not how I do things. So, I paid bills and "waited for it to get better". Kept learning my industry. Got raises by taking on more things, new positions.
This time around I don't want more things, more positions. I won't do it. I run the place I am at, I don;t want more and there likely isn't more where I am. But where I live, the bullseye of the nation as far as the economy, we are always 5 years behind the curve. I will not sit and wait this time, the above song rings true. My parents are gone, my siblings have spread out around this state, wife's folks are doing fine and have other family near to help when needed. Even if you don't like country music, listen to the lyrics carefully, there is a lot of truth in there.

Auto Transport Service
Back