• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Theme songs for your life - who's got one?

Greatfull Dead. TOUCH OF GREY.

Judy Garland Over The Rainbow (crop).jpg

HA! I was just thinking this. The last 12-20 months I have been doing a much more stressful, much less physical job and if it wasn;t for stuff I work on at home I would be a fat useless slob by now I think. Still, the stress and my age and I think that age thing is finally creeping in. But I certainly know I can't do things I did at 20 years old. Hell as far as running or biking etc. I can't do things I did when I was 15. But I could. If I needed to, once or twice. :)

I got into the work force about 3 years before the economy went to bunk last time.
Then things got better for like 3 years a bit more recently.
Then for the last couple years it went to bunk again.
Not much to do about it. Luck of being born at a certain point in time I guess. So I do what I can. What else is there to do?

Related-

I "existed" through the last junk economy. Maybe I could have done things differently, but it would have meant leaving my parents high and dry and leaving siblings behind and a few other things. NUH-UH, that is not how I do things. So, I paid bills and "waited for it to get better". Kept learning my industry. Got raises by taking on more things, new positions.
This time around I don't want more things, more positions. I won't do it. I run the place I am at, I don;t want more and there likely isn't more where I am. But where I live, the bullseye of the nation as far as the economy, we are always 5 years behind the curve. I will not sit and wait this time, the above song rings true. My parents are gone, my siblings have spread out around this state, wife's folks are doing fine and have other family near to help when needed. Even if you don't like country music, listen to the lyrics carefully, there is a lot of truth in there.

I like Clint Black too...
watch him on Circle internet TV (X1) "talking in circles with Clint"

A ton of AC/DC
or Ted Nugent songs
even Aerosmith, songs seem to strike a cord with me too

or most of Motown, can't go wrong

I was a diehard Beach Boys fan as a kid,
'endless summer' is great
so is 'good fibrations'
or any of the car songs,
like 'Lil' ol' lady from Pasadena',
'little deuce coupe',
'shut down',
'she's so fine my 409'

I was a big country fan started in the late 80s early 90s
Shania, Faith, Tritt, Jackson, Strait, Hank Jr., Brooks & Dunn, Big & Rich
(hated Garth Brooks)
I got sick of my dad playing his old country, as a kid, too freaken' depressing
I came around to the newer country & started to appreciate it more
for the older Lorreta & Conway, Merle, org. Hank stuff... Twangy music

Last edited:
MANY theme songs for me, if this is what it could be labeled. They usually take me back to a time and/or place from my teen-early adult years, not discounting great songs that came later. Good number of them are from the later 50’s through the 60’s. One takes me to cruising town on hot summer nights with the top down, the dates, drive-in, outdoor movies, and those summer days at a buddy’s folk’s lake front land swimming with the gals. Could be just recalling my youth, muscular, still cute, little apprehension or worries, albeit mixed with dumb-*** stuff.

Looking back, didn’t miss not having cell phones, computers, SM, and a lot of other chit today that fills up my head. It’s said you don’t miss what you never had. Now it’s having what you might prefer not to have.

Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show
classics;
" I got stoned & I missed it "
or
" Baby got her blue jeans on "

or Bob Seager
" Strut "
awh the ladies of the 70's

In my younger days-

and

Lately I've been more-

Auto Transport Service