• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission pan gasket

sc440

Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
I bought the blue Moroso trans pan gasket and just seen where it says to not use with stamped pan. I have a 69 727 with a old direct connection deep chrome stamped pan metal is pretty thick should I get a different gasket or use this one?

If it's a paper gasket, I would say no. I'm no expert, but have always used a rubber/cork or rubber gasket.

I got a Mopar reuseable pan gasket and use it on a stamped pan with absolutely NO leaks!
20230323_092046.jpg
20230323_091951.jpg

If it's a paper gasket, I would say no. I'm no expert, but have always used a rubber/cork or rubber gasket.
It’s a thick silicone rubber with steel core

Properly tightened and if the pan is straight the cork gasket will work fine. The late model Mopar rubber/metal insert works great with the late model 5R46H pan. It's hit or miss with a stock style stamped older design pan. I'm not a fan of the aftermarket rubber gaskets.
Doug

If the Moroso one won’t work I will probably just get a cork it’s what was in there, with no leaks. Just spent $40 on this gasket but didn’t realize they don’t recommend with stamped pan. Just a lot easier to get pan on with this style gasket

If the Moroso one won’t work I will probably just get a cork it’s what was in there, with no leaks. Just spent $40 on this gasket but didn’t realize they don’t recommend with stamped pan. Just a lot easier to get pan on with this style gasket
If your pan doesn't have the dents between the holes ,it should work out. I have used the Mopar black reusable gasket on stock pans with indents for years with success

If your pan doesn't have the dents between the holes ,it should work out. I have used the Mopar black reusable gasket on stock pans with indents for years with success
The pan does have stamped stiffening ribs but is flat and in good shape

Oh, and by the way, my pan is a Chrome (OOOOOOOOHHHHH!) Mopar direct connection deep pan with
the indentations between the bolt holes for rigidity. Not a drop.

This is the pan I am using it has a stamp inside that looks like 1974 the metal is very thick

IMG_3775.jpeg

IMG_3776.jpeg

I have these 2 gaskets

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3778.jpeg

I've been using LubeLocker gaskets, a little expensive but they are reusable and seem to work great. I used them on a couple differentials and replaced the cheap ones with them on my 47re and 904 transmission.

Update, I used the blue Moroso and it works good. No leaks at all it’s super easy to install because it’s stiff with the metal core.

Auto Transport Service
Back