• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Headers in 65 Coronet

tti with 383 and stock k frame
Fit my 65 like a glove !

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3081.jpeg

I've installed two sets of TTI exhaust systems, both fit perfect. So if they have something they say will fit your car, I would believe them.
IMHO...
The crucial factor for TTi headers(and other brands) to fit properly
is to be double sure that U have good motor mounts that are not sagging..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

If in doubt, after removing your old exhaust system. Install new engine and trans mounts before installing new system.

Thank you for the information and advice. The car has original K frame, mounts and steering. TTI offer a 1 -3/4 pipe, probably a better size for my engine build. I am aiming 450-500hp. TTI don't have a header to suit 65 with 1-7/8.

Thanks again
Use the smallest size header that TTi offers for the '65 chassis and you should be okay. TTi stuff usually fits IF you follow the catalog suggestions correctly. You have to read all of the footnotes and you have to read everything twice.
I used the Schumacher headers on my '65. My engine makes over 600 hp so in theory I needed bigger tubes or long tube headers but my car has had enough modifications to it that nothing fits. The Schumacher headers were fairly easy to modify so I used them. They seem to work just fine for my car.

DSC_4736 (Large).JPG

DSC_4396 (Large).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back