• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal Flashing Speed

The clips are designed to keep in place on car while you you just pull on or out the flasher.

As far I can tell and as I mentioned you have two heavy duty flashers on both provisions used for hazzards (dunno the brands or manufacturers names as somebody else around mentioned). The one on HAZZARD plug is still the factory as far I can tell from the distance.. The one used for turning is a replacement unit who somebody installed like a turning flasher but mostly sure being a hazzards too.

Just get one of the cylindrical regular pieces from any shop, designed to 2-3 bulbs loads. Just need to be NOT heavy duty which are designed to handle 4-6 bulbs. Sometimes manufacturers printed PNs are related to the bulbs they hold (or at least that’s what I recall from the last time I bought one in Venezuela) They clip on same square bracket like the square ones. Those clips are designed to catch both shapes.

1726988542221.png

As mentioned, even being cylindrical, the factory clip will catch it the same.

Last edited:
One other thing that can cause rapidly flashing turn signal lights is if the plastic turn signal cancelling cam in the steering column goes bad from excess wear. It's connected to the turn signal lever. Happened to my car. I bought a replacement from Classic Industries and it fixed my issue. If the flasher cans don't fix it, that something else to check out.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1968/plymouth/roadrunner/parts/mn2150.html

NAPA has an electro mechanical 552 flasher with an electronically controlled flash rate. My hazards flashed way too quickly and the NAPA flasher cured it. I suspect your current flasher is weak causing it to cycle too fast.
Hope this thread isn't getting too old. Here's my turn signal flasher. Did Google search - came up with Honda bike and 63-64 Corvette, NOS and used flashers with same 142 designation but asking $30+. Thinking I should I try the $4.49 Napa 552 you're suggesting. If doesn't help will look at remaining bulbs (front are all good). IF that doesn't do it, I did see on another thread that a worn turn signal switch in the steering column can sometimes be the culprit.

20240924_113304.jpg

20240924_113319.jpg

NAPA has an electro mechanical 552 flasher with an electronically controlled flash rate. My hazards flashed way too quickly and the NAPA flasher cured it. I suspect your current flasher is weak causing it to cycle too fast.
The 552 did it. Got mine at AAP, Novita brand. Thanks for everyone's help.

20240924_135221.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back