• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWO hurricanes hit Louisiana, track moved west, or it would have been really BAD...

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
EDIT: track changed. If this would have been the track, it would have been REALLY bad here!
Screenshot_20200822-185053_Gallery.jpg

These pictures were just a tropical storm a few months ago, but the track it took pushed more water in my yard than I've seen in over 7 years.
20200608_055550.jpg
20200608_061802.jpg
20200608_061709.jpg

Last edited:
I feel for you, but last night it was aimed straight at me here in Pensacola. This afternoon it was a relief to see it shift further west. But the game is still afoot. It could shift back. The good thing is it’s forecasted to only be a Cat. 1 when it hits but I would expect it to be closer to a Cat. 2. Best of luck to y’all in Louisiana.

Best of luck down there guys, we feel the effects about 3/4 to a day later up here in the middle of Alabama. We always pray for you guys and my wife's sister down in Mobile Alabama.

Thanks guys. Make sure the fleet of awesome cars is safe Jerry :D My Roadrunner is going to be a good bit different the next time you see her.
Have you given any thought to a Passon Performance a855 5 speed for one of the winged warriors? I hope you still have that AMAZING Gen 3 Hemi powered PT Cruiser. Let me know if you are coming to Cruisin the Coast (I'd expect you to). We will be there every day!
Pensacola
I hear ya, but depending on where you are, I am in a bad spot for flooding. Anyway, God protect us all, be with us in the furnace, and I know He won't take us to what He won't help us through!

I am just south of Baton Rouge
Thanks. I have seen a beautiful white w/red interior "Pro Street" version of the car in your picture, or one that looks a lot like it. It was one of only a few early 60s Mopars that REALLY mesmerized me, made me really want one. The 63-64 era Savoy or Dodge 330 (I'm not that good w/model names) with a Gen 2 426 Hemi or Max Wedge, solid color paint, open headers and a choppy cam, and wide rear tires in the wheelwells just appeal to my most caveman instincts.
:thumbsup:

...and one of them, albeit 5 days out and a lot can change, especially with the proximity of the western storm, right now is heading to my back door...
View attachment 991853
One of the things they said is the stronger storm may pull from the weaker one, but that would mean the one further west would weaken, and the one heading straight to me would strengthen. If there's any movement of the track, it's better for it to go east, or I'm going to get flooded again.
These pictures were just a tropical storm a few months ago, but the track it took pushed more water in my yard than I've seen in over 7 years.
View attachment 991859 View attachment 991861 View attachment 991862

¡Ay, caramba; you gringos kill me. Who wants to see some weather guy on TV?

This is how you get people to watch the weather:

1436864555903.gif

Thanks. I have seen a beautiful white w/red interior "Pro Street" version of the car in your picture, or one that looks a lot like it. It was one of only a few early 60s Mopars that REALLY mesmerized me, made me really want one. The 63-64 era Savoy or Dodge 330 (I'm not that good w/model names) with a Gen 2 426 Hemi or Max Wedge, solid color paint, open headers and a choppy cam, and wide rear tires in the wheelwells just appeal to my most caveman instincts.
:thumbsup:
Ummmm, I resemble that remark:rolleyes::popcorn2:

We’re a little bit more than 90 miles inland from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. My mom mentioned today about filing up the vehicles and getting some cases of water. Hopefully neither storm will amount to much, but the way things have been going there is no telling. Most of our trees are not close to the house, but they’re all real close to my fences where the cows are..... chasing cows in bad weather is definitely not fun. Stay safe.

After losing power for second time in 3 years and costing $1,800 maybe time for a generator. In 2011 snow storm 9 days no power, weather at least went above freezing during the day.

After losing power for second time in 3 years and costing $1,800 maybe time for a generator.
I was fortunate to have found a Generac 18KW at a local Home Depot about 2 weeks after Katrina, and installed it myself where we used to live.
I want to get a whole house generator for the house we have now, but it hasn't happened yet.
I have gotten by with a 7KW portable generator. It has a 220 outlet so I can run my water pump and the 110 outlets handle refrigerator and freezer duties.
My last Generac had a breaker panel, so only the circuits I selected were powered. The one I get for this house is going to run everything. I'm looking at Kohler or Cummins brand this time.
Kohler
https://www.norwall.com/products/Ko...or-with-200-Amp-SE-Rated-ATS-20RESCL-200SELS/
Cummins
https://www.norwall.com/products/Cu...mp-SE-Rated-Automatic-Transfer-Switch-RS20AC/

Well, little Marco formed overnight and is already gaining strength. His small size reminds me of another storm, Andrew, which was very small and gained intensity quickly. Hopefully it will loose strength like the NHC is calling for before landfall. (Maybe it will also rob Laura of fuel) Stay safe you Gulf coast guys.

After losing power for second time in 3 years and costing $1,800 maybe time for a generator. In 2011 snow storm 9 days no power, weather at least went above freezing during the day.

Just had one installed at my parent’s house. It’ll run the house and the shop. Hooked to a 1000 LP tank. We had no power after Katrina for 21 days and no running water for 27 days. Dad said he didn’t want to get caught out again. This will run everything for 10-12 days and since it should never reach full load, ought to get 14+ days of run time. They live a 1/2 mile down the road from us, so if we lose power we can go down there.

64B9A576-87D5-4714-BB25-39522DEDAB7E.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back