• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWO hurricanes hit Louisiana, track moved west, or it would have been really BAD...

Time to dust off the Pirogues and hunker down my Cajun friend, be safe.
I have a canoe, and while the weather was a non-event for Marco, the water came up a bit. Yesterday, it actually receded some,
BUT
Today is a different day, high tide is in about 2 hours, we are getting the bands of rain that are feeding into Laura from the southwest wrapping around counterclockwise which brings the bands up from the south, and that can mean long periods of rain. The tide and wind has the water level rising, but most of my yard is still above water.
Still, I am grateful to God that we didn't have Laura hit head on like Lake Charles and Cameron LA did, because I am sure we would have been in big trouble.

Was getting kinda antsy until it finally started making the turn to the north. If it had stayed on it's NW track, I'd have been leavin!

I have a canoe, and while the weather was a non-event for Marco, the water came up a bit. Yesterday, it actually receded some,
BUT
Today is a different day, high tide is in about 2 hours, we are getting the bands of rain that are feeding into Laura from the southwest wrapping around counterclockwise which brings the bands up from the south, and that can mean long periods of rain. The tide and wind has the water level rising, but most of my yard is still above water.
Still, I am grateful to God that we didn't have Laura hit head on like Lake Charles and Cameron LA did, because I am sure we would have been in big trouble.
glad you were mostly spared :thumbsup:

Thanks to all.
I can't imagine anything else bad coming out of this one for me.
Prayers to anyone less fortunate.

Glad you made it through without trauma!

One thing I've learned abut 2020 specifically is don't EVER ask "what could possibly happen next"?

Auto Transport Service
Back