• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uninsured Drivers Get Automatic Ticket in Oklahoma

The problem with license plate cameras is it tickets the owner of the vehicle which is not necessarily the driver. In that case, the violator is not punished, and I'm sure the state couldn't care less, so it's a cash cow and not meant to help public safety.

In Oklahoma, the tag stays with the car when you sell it. They need to change that policy. The new owner can run toll booths on the way home if they want, and you get the ticket. Sure you can go to court and show your evidence. That's loads of fun and everyone has plenty of extra time for that BS.

I'm glad insurance is required. Unfortunately people can always figure out a way to beat it. My daughter was hit while walking across the street with the light ten years ago. Witnesses said she had the right of way. When she woke up an officer was standing over her, she had been thrown 15'. The driver was a kid, driving his fathers car, with him in the passenger seat. Long story short no insurance, no assets to speak of except a pension that couldn't be touched. No lawyer would take it. Her medical bills at that time were about $ 20,000 and she lost her job. The state took him to court, he had a lawyer (surprise), they offered $2500, she refused they through it out. She still has problems with seizures etc. but the low life I'm sure is living his life with no remorse. Think of the fine example he set for his son. Any of you who think insurance shouldn't be MANDATORY, and a serious violation can kiss my ***! This is the first time I've ever taken this type of stance on here, but there is no defense for this.
Im so sorry about your daughter. Did you have a good attorney? Can a judgement against this asshole mean you can seize future assets? Uninsured motorists is a big problem and I'm for anyway we can keep them off the road. I wont register a car unless i have collision on it unless i can afford the loss of it because of uninsured vehicles. Were i live we see many out of state plates some are do to people registering there cars in cheaper states but other have no insurance on them. Often these people have no assets no source of income, may be on some type of public dole, so they don't care if there car hits another car or worse a pedestrian. Human nature dictates that when people think they dont think insurance should be mandatory that translate's into they dont feel they should have to buy it. They also take the stance there such safe drivers they would never cause a accident. Thats flawed thinking, the more you read, observe the more it becomes apparent.

The problem with license plate cameras is it tickets the owner of the vehicle which is not necessarily the driver. In that case, the violator is not punished, and I'm sure the state couldn't care less, so it's a cash cow and not meant to help public safety.

In Oklahoma, the tag stays with the car when you sell it. They need to change that policy. The new owner can run toll booths on the way home if they want, and you get the ticket. Sure you can go to court and show your evidence. That's loads of fun and everyone has plenty of extra time for that BS.
The summons does go to the car,eventually that car owner will stop letting other people cause them agita! I agree it's just a cash cow,but I'm sure responsible folk start paying attention.You all remember when the started the red light cams and all the rear end accidents that occurred!:lol: That helped the azzholes stop following to close. In NYC there are speed cameras to enforce the 25 MPH speed limit,but most of the time it's 5mph bumper to bumper.
I still don't get the places where the licence plate stays with the car.I think that's asine!

Everyone that the police call me to tow ALWAYS say it's a glitch in the DMV computer,,,they didn't get it in the mail,,,they just moved,,get mail at Mom or Dads,,,I paid it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:bs_flag:

Auto Transport Service
Back