• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Veterans on the Board

HHC 4/9 Infantry division Ft Wainwright Alaska Jan 75 to Jan 77 then to 16th combat support hospital till 78. 63b wheel vehicle mechanic.

Good to see so many brothers here. 72-75 R.A. Basic at Ft Polk La. AIT at Fort Knox Ky, 45P20 Bamberg 2/2 armoured Cav. Germany. Thanks guys for your service. Steve

for all the new guys that have posted thanks from one vet to another A BIG THANKS:headbang:

Gentlemen, I am not a vet but I am grateful to be in your presence. Should at any time i can do something to help a vet, no matter how small plesae don't hesitate to ask. Be it car experience Business experiences or life experiences. I would be highly honored.

Gentlemen, I am not a vet but I am grateful to be in your presence. Should at any time i can do something to help a vet, no matter how small plesae don't hesitate to ask. Be it car experience Business experiences or life experiences. I would be highly honored.

Appreciate the sentiment, but serving was my choice and privilege, no additional acknowledgment is needed.
Thanks for your support.

US Navy, Active 1973-1977, Camp David MD. Active reserve, 1977-1981, Roanoke, VA. ET2 for the Navy, with intitial training at Great Lakes, IL, and also went to Army TV school in Ft Monmouth, NJ. Worked on genereal comm gear, TV's and microwave systems. Set me up well for a career in electrical engineering and now the cell phone industry.

USAF 1965 - 1972. Stationed at Clark AB in Philippines, DaNang RVN, Phan Rang RVN, Ton Son Nhut RVN, Udorn, Thailand and finally at NKP Thailand (on Laos border). Flew backseat in F4 Phantoms and later with the AC-130 while with the 18th Special Ops.

Rick

US Navy 1968-1972 6 years and 22 days, weapons on board nuclear submarine and combat diver. Divers go down and they do it deeper. Yes, I was extended for the convenience of the government. Go figure, just when I thought I was going to get out, bam. Another extension.

oldfolksmopar

I think I'm one of the old guys as well. US Navy 68 - 76 4 tours in Vietnam - on the water. I was on oil tanker Chemung AO-30 / Dixon Sub Tender AS-37 / Hepburn FF 1055 Several years on Shore Duty in Diego, Long Beach, Bremerton, Washington.

I was an E-6 Ship fitter and then they changed us to Hull Technicians. One of my most exciting tours in Vietnam was when the USS New Jersey Battle Ship came along side of us to refuel. WOW, what a ship. This was when it was refurbished with all the new technology like surface to air missiles etc. I think it was around 1970.

Thanks to all who serve and all that have served to keep us somewhat free. I don't like the way things are going. When the government puts themselves above the people that make up this country, it really hurts. God Bless

Sheez...I might be the oldest one here? Drafted 9/65 US Army. Basic, Ft Knox. Advanced, Ft Jackson, SC 11B10 light weapons infantry. Decided to crawl for a commission at Quartermaster OCS Ft. Lee, VA. Petroleum, Oil & Lubricants Officer Course, Ft Lee, VA. 262nd QM Battalion POL Cam Rahn Bay and Chu Lai VN, May `67 to May `68 Survived numerous 122mm rocket attacks during the 1st Tet offensive. Honorable discharge Jan., 1969.

!st of the 4th cav recon. 74 to 77. Went jump boots. volunteer witch you should never do .to take three vacations down south pass mexico. thats all im going to say about that. Thank you all that gave the ultimate sacrifice. and all who served and are serving god bless america.

Highland Fusilers of Canada infantry 1988-1991 reserves
5RGC combat engineers 1991-1995 regular force
Chimo!

USAF 1977-1985

6.5 years total -Strategic Air Command Ground Radio Communications repair. Titan 2 missiles in Jacksonville Arkansas.

1 year 1980-1981. Stationed in South Korea. Osan AFB.

USMC 2000-2005/2007-2008 Sgt 6114-AH-1W/UH-1N helicopter mechanic

Semper Fi!

- - - Updated - - -

Highland Fusilers of Canada infantry 1988-1991 reserves
5RGC combat engineers 1991-1995 regular force
Chimo!

Love those Canucks. My daughter and son are Canadian....Toronto presently.

Auto Transport Service
Back