• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to buy a new mower? Better float a loan.

3sloppydogs

Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
toro has two new models one is a grandstand based and the other a zt based. Both are battery powered.
The grandstand revolution will cost you over 30thousand. Wow

We are looking into replacing our John Deere at work and I can buy a brand new Challenger scat pack for what they want for a lawn mower! And it's a year wait before they even build it!

I'd buy a couple of goats before spending that much on a mower.

Last edited:
or one of these

laxation-caucasian-ethnicity-old-fashioned-2HA87NH.jpg

Price this new and that'll seem cheap. You could get three of those Toros.... :poke:

...glad I got it for about 25% the cost of new! Lastec 4520 Articulator.
lastec4520articulator 009.jpg

lastec4520articulator 055.jpg

You look like Richard Pryor's neighbor in the movie moving. He had the mower like that with a small block Chevy engine on it with open headers.

You look like Richard Pryor's neighbor in the movie moving. He had the mower like that with a small block Chevy engine on it with open headers.
Richards "Neighbor" in the city was Randy Quaid and mowed very early in the morning IIRC, and his "Neighbor" in Idaho with the monster mower was Randy's brother (or cousin), obviously played by Randy Quaid!! Awsome mower too...

Richards "Neighbor" in the city was Randy Quaid and mowed very early in the morning IIRC, and his "Neighbor" in Idaho with the monster mower was Randy's brother (or cousin), obviously played by Randy Quaid!! Awsome mower too...
That movie was so funny! They don't make movies like that anymore! "My brother told me about you, he said your an asshole" lol

Price this new and that'll seem cheap. You could get three of those Toros.... :poke:

...glad I got it for about 25% the cost of new! Lastec 4520 Articulator.
View attachment 1414586
View attachment 1414587
I'm sure that is a whole lot more money but it a larger class machine. The toro revolution we are selling is only a 48 inch deck stand on rider. You could get a commercial exmark or scag for 1/3 of the price.
Crazy money for the battery mower
What do you think a battery mower your size would cost? Probably your first born son

I run a 1993 JD F932 with a 72" deck, does my 2 acres with many trees in about an hour and maybe a gallon and a half of gas if I let it get big.
Depending on the summer here in WI I might cut grass 8-12 times.
S0 I use at most 15 gallons of gas a year.
My mower will last me the rest of my life and would probably serve my son the rest of his for the hours on it.

So how exactly am I saving the earth by spending 30G on a battery? How many years of mowing will I do with my JD before the "carbon footprint" of the manufacture of that battery brick will come out even?
It's about control, not the planet. They can flip the switch to "off" if your whole life is plugged in.
Basically nowhere, nothing, ever, is it more beneficial to build an entire new thing then to repair an existing thing when discussing resources. The only reason to replace is sheer performance, and then only out of an actual need. Nothing about electric stuff has surpassed existing tech, not yet anyway, in enough categories to matter. Different, better in some ways for certain tings, but not wholesale better in every way.
This is why they legislate it into existence. They have to force us to adopt it because there is no reason to by performance or economics. Because they NEED it to gain control.

Just gonna buy a battery each, for the Simplicity, and the Cub Cadet. They'll both outlive me...

the old man had one of these (and one that was apart)...... I was fascinated by it as a little kid, I'd like to restore one some day :D

ZE83DJY.jpg

I agree 100 percent with you detective d. I am no fan of this battery stuff. I belive in the proper application they work ok but most of us don't have the proper application.
I use a 10yr old exmark 72", works just fine

Auto Transport Service
Back