• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watched Blazing Saddles for about the 8th time last night....

Camptown racetrack lady, do da do da
Blazing Saddles Camptown Lady Railroad song.gif

I didn't get a harrumph from you

Blazing Saddles Gov. Mel -watch your ass-.gif

Mel Brooks is great,
before he goes into the curtains with her

Work Work Work -The Gov. Mel Brooks Blazing Saddles-.gif

Sadly, there are a couple generations of people who are completely void of humor and don’t know what it’s like to laugh at something silly every once in a while.

It would be impossible to make that film nowadays...
But I place it in the top 5 of films all-time on my list. A must see.
If you can't forget reality for a couple hours and just laugh out loud like a hyena at
scene after hilarious scene....well then, your shorts are too tight.

It would be impossible to make that film nowadays...
But I place it in the top 5 of films all-time on my list. A must see.
If you can't forget reality for a couple hours and just laugh out loud like a hyena at
scene after hilarious scene....well then, your shorts are too tight.
When Richard Pryor was asked what he thought about it he said "Do it, cause if you don't do it now, you won't be able to later" and he was right.

When Richard Pryor was asked what he thought about it he said "Do it, cause if you don't do it now, you won't be able to later" and he was right.
He was Mel Brooks' original choice for the movie, but he had gotten into some bad habits to the point where the studio
would not go forward with the film unless he was replaced. Instead, he was definitely one of the writers on it.

He was Mel Brooks' original choice for the movie, but he had gotten into some bad habits to the point where the studio
would not go forward with the film unless he was replaced. Instead, he was definitely one of the writers on it.
The 1st choice for the part of the sheriff....?

I
And laughed even more than ever and especially so after my squeeze laughed her *** off after seeing it for the first time! It took us at least 3 and a half hours to watch it since she couldn't get it together and well, she had to go to the bathroom a couple of times because she couldn't hold it together! The first time was when Lili Von Shtupp (Madeline Kahn) did her piece on being so tired and then the second time when she saw the KKK guys and the part where the sheriff said 'where are ya white women' and well, what can I say. Just kain't believe she never saw it before now! Btw, this is a movie that I didn't really care for the first time to see it but gave it another viewing and it's been downhill from there!
Saw the movie during its first release while trucking thru Montana... I was a 20- something lefty and walked out since the racial humor was more than I could handle.

For the last 40 years I consider Blazing Saddles one of the funniest movies of all time and is on my top 10 list along side Animal House, Casablanca, Dirty Harry, Bullitt, It's a Wonderful Life etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back