• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Way to close.... Near disaster...

Stick your head between your legs and kiss your *** goodbye!

Looks like CGI! Where is the Emirates plane headed? Off the runway?
Yup.. Didn't even catch that... Yesterday morning I was on a couple flights, this morning I saw that & didn't pay much attention, just a "Holy Shiiii" & decided to share it...
There have been enough scary incidences at airports I thought it was real..

I'm not so sure about the authenticity of that. I was on a flight when that occurred. Upon landing, we touched down on the tarmac at Nwk, but instead of the usual brakes and wing-flaps, we immediately started accelerating again and took off. After about 20 minutes, the pilot told us what happened. Then we landed again.

I don't care how wealthy you are, I wouldn't want to land at the Telluride, Colorado airport.

Nice video....not real of course.... fun.....but you know that now. :lol:

Qantas has what I believe to be the best safety record of all airlines worldwide. Emirates are very good also.

Yup.. Didn't even catch that... Yesterday morning I was on a couple flights, this morning I saw that & didn't pay much attention, just a "Holy Shiiii" & decided to share it...
There have been enough scary incidences at airports I thought it was real..
Now that I'm fully awake it's pretty obvious that it's a simulator... After being on the east coast my sleep schedule gets jacked & this morning I was more asleep than awake...

I travel a lot. I had an incident about 10 years ago. I was flying from Phoenix to Albuquerque a short flight. Flight attendants were serving drinks and the plane rolled hard right. Like real hard, drinks spilled off the cart. Flight attendants grabbed seats to stay standing.
I was in a left side window seat and as the AA 737 passed on the left I could see the two white guys flying the plane.
thousands of other flights all over the world that one is the one I still think about.

I travel a lot. I had an incident about 10 years ago. I was flying from Phoenix to Albuquerque a short flight. Flight attendants were serving drinks and the plane rolled hard right. Like real hard, drinks spilled off the cart. Flight attendants grabbed seats to stay standing.
I was in a left side window seat and as the AA 737 passed on the left I could see the two white guys flying the plane.
thousands of other flights all over the world that one is the one I still think about.
Yeah, that one would get your attention... I too fly a lot, lost an engine over Nebraska once.. Little unscheduled stop over in Denver.... Memorable but nothing like a near collision...

I've wondered about how many close calls we all have been through without knowing.
By the way....The term Near Miss is bullshit. You either miss or you hit.

1 angry.jpg

I don't care how wealthy you are, I wouldn't want to land at the Telluride, Colorado airport.

Telluride is for Pussies.... Tenzing Hillary in Nepal is for Lunatic's... 9300 + ft elevation The runway is severely sloped, if you don't stop in time first you hit the hotel, if that doesn't stop you you hit the mountain... If you don't take off in time you fall off the cliff....

It's 1729 Feet...

Per a quick search the average commercial runway length is between 8000 & 12000 feet....

In 76 I had a flight to the East Coast and we had a few stops with one being in a valley. I don't remember the airport now but the pilot dropped in pretty quick and landed hard and bounced, and then hard on the brakes since it was a short runway. Saw everything in and out of that thing flex pretty good and decided that this stuff isn't for me. Got back home about a week later and haven't been on one of those commercial flying buses since.

Auto Transport Service
Back