• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s this 69 318 Charger worth?

Is 20k fair?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
This popped up locally. I know Chargers bring crazy prices. This ones a 318 auto car, non original motor. Looks to be complete with interior. Needs trunk and front/rear floors at minimum. Guy is asking 20k firm. Considering checking it out. I just hope that doesn’t turn into quarters, dropoffs, valence, etc. I’d have to sell my other toy (not Mopar) to get into this. Is 20k fair or getting taken for a ride? I know basket case RTs go for that, I just don’t know about a 318 non #s car.

Comes with both buckets and the rear bench.

Also, assuming I did buy and built it up with a big block and 4 speed, what would the value difference be between this and an actual big block 383 car?

I have a 68 H code shell that needs the AMD catalog. Floors and a trunk are easy for me, if that’s truly everything. Mechanical stuff isn’t an issue.

Just want to know it’s worth selling my other toy that I’m fond of. I love that car, but Chargers were always my dream car.

I appreciate everyone’s input, I know you guys on here know your stuff.

thanks in advance.

936C33E6-FF65-43F5-ACA8-D05E54115B8B.jpeg A8521E58-D47B-42FF-8137-AA907598D4C0.jpeg B2750162-65BA-4ED8-8A38-FD9A154499CF.jpeg AD2679B0-BCFF-4E8B-BD63-9646834CCE56.jpeg 2E2AE658-E4FB-424D-8285-7FC702EB6BBB.jpeg 3D205783-759C-4F1D-9F19-DB5EA1DE63E1.jpeg 8E9DC05D-A9EA-4E05-A986-65864B721024.jpeg 437AA5AA-4DA4-42D0-97DC-CE229B2C5741.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a deal if all the interior stuff is missing.

I had a pair of '67 Camaros for over 30 years, but when I had a chance to get a '68 Charger I grabbed it and sold the Camaros and haven't looked back! If you can do the work yourself, why not? If the frame rails are good and the back end isn't all bondo. Maybe he'll trade for your other car? It might be worth waiting for the next one. That nice looking paint could be hiding all sorts of sins. Have someone who knows these cars and how much panel replacement costs go with you and thoroughly check over the car. Maybe the seller will become more flexible on the price....

I had a pair of '67 Camaros for over 30 years, but when I had a chance to get a '68 Charger I grabbed it and sold the Camaros and haven't looked back! If you can do the work yourself, why not? If the frame rails are good and the back end isn't all bondo. Maybe he'll trade for your other car? It might be worth waiting for the next one. That nice looking paint could be hiding all sorts of sins. Have someone who knows these cars and how much panel replacement costs go with you and thoroughly check over the car. Maybe the seller will become more flexible on the price....

do you feel big block vs small block matters? I have a 400 block and I can borrow whatever big block parts I’d need from my 68 shell.

I know it adds up. Bondo hides many evils. If the rear valence corners are good I’d feel better about the car.

Someone will probably grab it. At least go check it out but take a magnet with you to see how thick the bondo is. What it's worth is what someone is willing to give for it. Is this something that you plan on keeping for 20 years or maybe selling it shorting after it's done?

Someone will probably grab it. At least go check it out but take a magnet with you to see how thick the bondo is. What it's worth is what someone is willing to give for it. Is this something that you plan on keeping for 20 years or maybe selling it shorting after it's done?

It’d be a keeper. Something I have always wanted. I just want a solid starting point...something I can drive and restore.

It’d be a keeper. Something I have always wanted. I just want a solid starting point...something I can drive and restore.
Well, if it's better than anything you've found so far for that kind of money and you have it.......deal with the guy. Take out a roll of cash and see how low he'll come down. All he can do is say no.

https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/classifications-and-conditions
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1969-Dodge-Charger

Seems high for me, especially considering you can get a #3 car for 30k.

Also, assuming I did buy and built it up with a big block and 4 speed, what would the value difference be between this and an actual big block 383 car?

I was buying a 69 charger r/t this year.
I also considered clones but clearly prefered the real deal. Clones would have needed to be very well made and attractively priced.
Of course thats just me but generally speaking clones aren't worth as much as the real deal no matter how well made.
And you better know your **** when buying a clone or you end up with a backyard special with motorhome engine typ of car for an insane price. :D

Be careful mine was full of bondo but l did know the left quarter needed replaced plus left frame rail But about 8,000.00 later and l'm about to put it on the road not painted yet though. Check out my posting (my dodge charger). then you judge. By the way l paid close to what your going to pay Just my .02 worth:rofl:

Come on it's a 69 Charger! 318 or not. Buy it and build it like you want...R/T tribute or whatever

Pushing it for a 318 car. At least 1 re paint so I would look at it and all the metalwork before buying. Rusty trunk usually means rotted window channel/roof wings. It's a vinyl top car so check the roof. I'd say the guy can probably get $18k for it if it isn't rotted underneath.

I paid 17 for a mostly complete 'running' 440 in an original 383 2bbl 68 Charger 5 years ago. Needed the back half sheet metal, frame rails and underneath was all solid. I felt I paid top dollar, but am still happy I got it when I could.

People who like chargers, like chargers a lot more than i like chargers. My 62 might be worth 15k, maybe, and there is NO way i would trade for that straight up. I have 12k in my opel, and that charger and 10k wouldnt buy it.

Auto Transport Service
Back