• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your FBBO story?

I ended up here searching for cars and projects. I had looked around at some other forums, searching for parts, but didn't find enough other participation to hold my interest. Then I ran across this forum in its whole display of different topics. I joined here first because of my several B bodies at the time. I am on A bodies, and C bodies too but spend more time here as this is the forum with the most personality and fun. This hobby has always been fun, and I will tell anyone, when it quits being fun, I will quit.

I wanted a large forum with active members and lots of topics. This one is the biggest. Every google search about anything mopar hits this forum.

I landed on the Road Runners Only site, searching for a car from my past. Joined here, and posted the VIN in the Lost and Found. It never surfaced, but I ended up buying a better one from a member here.

Each of us has some back story around how we ended up here, and what FBBO means to us. If you can share yours, there are likely some amazing stories to hear.

Some FBBO journeys may be a slow burn, unfolding like a flowering dream. On the other hand, there are others like mine I guess, fitting in more like an incendiary flash fire category.

Step 1: change thinking stage to (finally) action stage. Mecum Harrisburg - July.
2: have epiphany to dedicate action on Mopar.
3: find FBBO
4: find my personal group of FBBO professors willing to give
5: listen, learn
6: BUY. (fingers crossed officially tomorrow 9/16)
7: big smiles … and not to forget …

8: tell the other significant
other she’s still loved.

It’s been a tortuous 8 weeks. But if not for BabyBlue68, DeltaV, and HawkRod I may very likely still be floundering around 3, BBless

If you want, share your own story and a shout out to the key characters here in your experience.

View attachment 1726777
I couldn't post pictures on Dodge Charger. Com
So here I am!

UPDATE Guys, great news! Yesterday, I bought my first classic muscle - an awesome B Body dream car - ‘69 Road Runner Triple Black 383 4spd.

A huge shout out to 3 amazing FBBO newly found brothers for their time, expertise, accessibility, and unbelievable patience with this newbie. Couldn’t have made this a reality with you.

@DeltaV, @HawkRod, and special call out for @68BabyBlue were instrumental supporting all of the newbie education needed ending up with a successful purchase of this fantastic first dip into our hobby!

The thing is, as soon as I started lurking here I knew the site community here could make a big difference some intel and support. I immediately joined and went to work. My goal was to get the knowledge so by next year I’d be in an informed position to pull the trigger.

But despite sensible advice from ‘my team’ with over 100 years collective experience, I ended up jumping all in in less than 2 months. Probably not a smart move overall. I will always owe several guys here, and can’t express enough gratitude to you 3 brothers. With your help I didn’t just end up with my first car but with the RIGHT CAR!

The best part of my story - BabyBlue68, who didn’t even know who I was when I landed on FBBO, road tripped to Fla with me for the detailed inspection, and be an objective voice of reason. By (literally) the end of the day yesterday, he confirmed she was extremely original, essentially all original sheet metal and interior, with practically no rust. Confirmation of her amazing condition made closing the deal so much less anxious!

The members here, and these amazing guys are awesome, and made all the difference with this chapter jumping into the classic hobby! Love you dudes!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE Guys, great news! Yesterday, I bought my first classic muscle - an awesome B Body dream car - ‘69 Road Runner Triple Black 383 4spd.

A huge shout out to 3 amazing FBBO newly found brothers for their time, expertise, accessibility, and unbelievable patience with this newbie. Couldn’t have made this a reality with you.

@DeltaV, @HawkRod, and special call out for @68BabyBlue were instrumental supporting all of the newbie education needed ending up with a successful purchase of this fantastic first dip into our hobby!

The thing is, as soon as I started lurking here I knew the site community here could make a big difference some intel and support. I immediately joined and went to work. My goal was to get the knowledge so by next year I’d be in an informed position to pull the trigger.

But despite sensible advice from ‘my team’ with over 100 years collective experience, I ended up jumping all in in less than 2 months. Probably not a smart move overall. I will always owe several guys here, and can’t express enough gratitude to you 3 brothers. With your help I didn’t just end up with my first car but with the RIGHT CAR!

The best part of my story - BabyBlue68, who didn’t even know who I was when I landed on FBBO, road tripped to Fla with me for the detailed inspection, and be an objective voice of reason. By (literally) the end of the day yesterday, he confirmed she was extremely original, essentially all original sheet metal and interior, with practically no rust. Confirmation of her amazing condition made closing the deal so much less anxious!

The members here, and these amazing guys are awesome, and made all the difference with this chapter jumping into the classic hobby! Love you dudes!
Fantastic story - and we're gonna be needing a portfolio of that gorgeous new ride!

Congratulations! I'll tell you, every time I head out in my Road Runner I get a big grin on my face that is hard to wipe off! I'm sure you'll feel the same with your fine triple black 69.

And I agree with @moparedtn - let's see lots of pictures of your new baby!

My search for a Mopar muscle car after college graduation was primarily for a '68 GTX. I ran across all kinds of other Mopars that didn't pan out...they were not in the condition advertised. Others were not for sale at any price. I stopped looking after five years because a low mileage 1970 Charger 500 with a 383 Magnum and 833 four speed was brought to my attention. Got it!

I began wandering around the Internet many years later when it became a thing and ran across the 1970 Dodge Charger Registry and
DodgeCharger.com; eventually I signed up after seeing relevant information of interest to me available on those websites. I saw FBBO mentioned on DodgeCharger.com more than a few times and so I wandered over here to take a look. Eventually, I signed up after seeing so much Mopar activity of interest to me, as well as the ease of including pictures. Also, there is a variety of other entertaining FBBO forums that serve as a nice distraction from the daily, boring grind at work.

You can blame Mark, Greg, Justin, and probably one or two others for me coming over here from DodgeCharger.com and joining FBBO. :D I learned later there are other great folks here too.

I never had any issues with the members at the '70 Charger Registry or DodgeCharger.com; it's a lot easier to meet and converse with people on an active website like FBBO.

I might have stopped by Moparts a couple of times after joining FBBO, but nothing grabbed my attention. So, you won't see me over there.

Shameless plug for current and future owners of 1970 Dodge Charger models:

1970 Dodge Charger Registry

It started with a van, sports cars, a couple of Darts, Motorcycles, and then, family. Raising a family is a job, but I always had a toy, no time, but I had one. A house on the water requires a boat, my new toy. Family grows up and a son that loved cars. Added a new toy for he and I. He really liked 80's GM, so GM it was. I was raised on all cars, but we drove Dodge mostly as daily drivers. I've only driven mopars as daily driver for a long time now and have owned a ton of new ones over the years.

Looking to start over, I was at a car show with friends and family and spotted a old friend of my fathers, a 65 Coronet he couldn't afford to buy new, back in the day. We talked to the guy and the next thing I know, my wife bought it for me. I don't work on cars like I did and my garage isn't big enough anymore to disassemble a car and have it lay there and still use the rest to park in. I may not work on it daily, but if you own a car, you better know everything or find a place where the combined knowledge on board, knows everything. I ran the internet and found some useless made up BS and opinions on cars that are just that, opinions. That's why I use the word opinion so much, is it an absolute or an opinion, big difference.

In life, in order to really make it, you have to know everything or like me, be smart enough to know your weaknesses and surround yourself with people that combined, know everything. This place has people that truly have Chrysler blue running through their veins and enjoy sharing all they know. For more reasons than that, this place has been a blessing and I don't say that lightly.

Who wouldn't stop here is a better question. If you want to be your best, you have to surround yourself with the best..... Thank you....... Ulli

...I'll tell you, every time I head out in my Road Runner I get a big grin on my face that is hard to wipe off!
429607657.gif

Well apparently, in 2014 I signed up but never posted anything after some, as they say, 'lurking'....
Then around 2016 I was starting to get my "ever-evolving project" '68 Satellite ready to go back on the road, as well as helping an uncle on the (mild) resto of his originally-owned '68 GTX. I found the site again, forgetting that I'd signed up a few years back.
I tried to join as a new member at that time, and after some minor kerfuffle finally got in....
.....and that was it........corrupted for life...

66531548.gif

It IS a great forum and see tons more people joining. Here and there I can share my experiences as some payback and it is nice to be able to do it to help someone out.
The generosity of FBBO members always willing to help out others here, including rooks like me, IS what sets this forum apart and results in ongoing growth … and that condition is contagious!

I landed on the Road Runners Only site, searching for a car from my past. Joined here, and posted the VIN in the Lost and Found. It never surfaced, but I ended up buying a better one from a member here.
Ha. And like we talked about there is (almost) always a better one out there. But, I don’t have to worry about that better one for a while though!

My search for a Mopar muscle car after college graduation was primarily for a '68 GTX. I ran across all kinds of other Mopars that didn't pan out...they were not in the condition advertised. Others were not for sale at any price. I stopped looking after five years because a low mileage 1970 Charger 500 with a 383 Magnum and 833 four speed was brought to my attention. Got it!

I began wandering around the Internet many years later when it became a thing and ran across the 1970 Dodge Charger Registry and
DodgeCharger.com; eventually I signed up after seeing relevant information of interest to me available on those websites. I saw FBBO mentioned on DodgeCharger.com more than a few times and so I wandered over here to take a look. Eventually, I signed up after seeing so much Mopar activity of interest to me, as well as the ease of including pictures. Also, there is a variety of other entertaining FBBO forums that serve as a nice distraction from the daily, boring grind at work.

You can blame Mark, Greg, Justin, and probably one or two others for me coming over here from DodgeCharger.com and joining FBBO. :D I learned later there are other great folks here too.

I never had any issues with the members at the '70 Charger Registry or DodgeCharger.com; it's a lot easier to meet and converse with people on an active website like FBBO.

I might have stopped by Moparts a couple of times after joining FBBO, but nothing grabbed my attention. So, you won't see me over there.

Shameless plug for current and future owners of 1970 Dodge Charger models:

1970 Dodge Charger Registry
Whatever forces of Nature brought you here, I benefited from them too. Win/Win!

I posted earlier about how I got here. This one is about what I've gained from being here. I've been an outlier in my local car community for decades, in an area dominated by Ford and Chevy. I once tried to become mainstream by purchasing a '66 Corvette, figured out within a year that it wasn't going to work. My wife, who with no personal interest in cars, and has endured my vice for nearly five decades, analyzed the situation well. She told me that I should not consider any options other than owning Plymouth GTXs. She is extremely liberal, and compared my situation to the TG community, saying not my preference, but you can't help being who you are. I bought GTX number four the next year.

So living in my small community in rural PA, how does a GTX guy connect with other like minded folks. I'm not a fan of social media, or most technology. So my spouse was shocked when she noticed me spending hours at a time on this site. It started to make sense to her after she met three of my fellow FBBO colleagues in person - @eldubb440, @Dennis H, and @PlymCrazy. Real people, who shared my Mopar obsession, but were likeable, and not freaks (her words.)

I've posted numerous times how Julie Clark started me down this road in 1970 when she handed me the keys to the new GTX that now resides in my garage 54 years later. For anyone reading that narrative for the first time, she owned the Plymouth dealership in my home town, first as a spouse, and later as a sole proprietor after her husband passed. Years after she passed the torch to me, I wondered if I might someday do the same, initiating a new enthusiast.

When I saw our new member @Bleep Bleep lived three hours away from me, I extended an offer to assist in an inspection when he finally reached to stage where he was prepared to purchase a B body. I was more than a bit surprised, when less than a month into the process, he reached out, asking if I would consider a trip to inspect a car considerably above the price point he had been exploring in earlier posts. I had mentioned earlier that I had gone up a notch when looking for similar cars, so I may have well been the enabler in this event.

My wife was a bit surprised that a guy I met on the internet a few weeks before was willing to front that kind of expense. Said he was either lucky or smart. After living through my seven GTXs, she's totally convinced I know how to evaluate them. Her only question, was whether I thought the car in question merited a trip to Florida, and when I confirmed it, she said it would be a great event, a veteran Mopar freak with a rookie.

I've always said that pictures don't do a great car justice, and make the lesser ones appear for better than they really are. With an original owner history of 38 years, and a salt free environment, I felt this one could be great, the only question not answered until I did the inspection was whether it had always been garaged. It turned out to be the best condition, unrestored B body with 100,000 plus miles I've ever picked apart, and I've owned two comparable cars. All I could find fault with was one small rust repair in a rocker panel, a minor flaw a previous owner had revealed during our new member's due diligence.

So thanks to FBBO, a great car just got united with an enthusiastic, conscientious caretaker on his first attempt out of the gate. This is the kind of stuff that makes this site a great place to be.

Last edited:
As a long time member of Moparts and Dodge Charger board
The bacon and penguins drama plus other issues of various kinds on the one and the near impossible issue posting pictures on the other.
I got to looking elsewhere for the Mopar daily fix

I ended up here. Not sure how I found it , be it posted elsewhere or google. I dont remember

I do still ck in on Moparts a fair amount. But DC hardly ever .
Im here several times a day

Im a long time Mopar owner and with exception to just a few cars its always been a B-body. Oddly enough its been usually a Plymouth and most of them have been of the 69 GTX variety, both hardtops and convertibles. ( several of each over the years )
Ive owned 2 wingcars , a few other Hemi cars and loads of 383-440 cars
Now own a 1966 Satellite Hemi auto I lusted after for the better part of 20 years. Bought it off a long time very good friend of mine. And I actually helped build this very car back in the early 2000s

There is a part of me that would like to locate one of my old cars. With a dream I could buy one of them back( not sure I prefer which one to be honest ) But with values today. Im not sure Im willing to write that ck to make it happen

The green hardtop is the car I owned when my now wife and I met.
The vert is the one my oldest daughter came home from the hospital in

I have no idea where either car are today

2GTXs.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back