• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Went out at 1 am this morning, got back around 2:30.
Qeof15G.jpg

According to MapQuest it was just over 60 miles round trip, on the freeway the majority of the time at speeds of 65 - 105 mph.
210 fwy stretch going from Sunland through La Crescenta heading into Glendale / Los Angeles is a very dark part that's 4 lanes wide on each side, nice bends in the road with changing elevations and long straights.
Empty, desolate and late enough to hit 105 with confidence and no issues.
I originally intended to connect to the 101 fwy but missed my exit so I stayed on 110 and connected to the mighty 405 fwy, then headed north and got off at Mullholland Dr.
A little mistake (but hey, I'm trying to see how the car performs in all conditions...) but all was ok on a very windy road at the top of the Hollywood Hills at 2am with some fog.
Passed a Ferrari going in the opposite direction.

I can't say enough how well Crakedback's headlight relay and 4 new Wagner lights work.
Very Bright and a recommended upgrade at a reasonable cost, easy install.

y5cKu2t.jpg

Car runs the best it ever has while I've owned it still using a T-Bar & leaf spring setup, upgraded front to rear.

Last edited:
Fueled up & drove a couple hundred miles in it. & fueled up again...

Pulled out the floor mat as it was starting to crack.

Installed carpet I got from a member here a few years ago.
Needs seamed in front of the pod.

Painted and installed my cassette pod.

Not quite F6, but the $4 Krylon "Italian Olive" is a better match than the nearly $30 with shipping Herbs "factory correct" color!

IMG_20190428_153234.jpg
IMG_20190428_153219.jpg
IMG_20190428_165333.jpg

Took a drive for the first time since just before Christmas. Work has kept me busy, as well as a recent upgrade to the Wagon. Managed a nice trip of around 50 miles tonight...cool clear calm conditions for night driving...too cold for bugs on the windshield. Truck ran smooth and the coolant temp hovered around 179-180F while driving. Still running engine in a bit more...so not wanting to push it too much. Although I did manage a couple of quick twin stripes along the journey. :D Still bedding in the new brakes also. :rolleyes:

20190430_210514.jpg

installed the trans (rebuilt twice) and drove my charger for the first time in 5 years. Only about 50 feet, but it was a great day. possibly road worthy by next week!

Installed one conrod and piston to measure deck height and see how much i have to take of the oil inlet so the rod can pass
without touching.
Piston is 0.0205 in the hole .

I waved hello in garage. Still not good enough weather. Or haven’t had a good rain to clean streets of winter salt. But she wants out of garage.

Went out at 1 am this morning, got back around 2:30.
View attachment 757349

According to MapQuest it was just over 60 miles round trip, on the freeway the majority of the time at speeds of 65 - 105 mph.
210 fwy stretch going from Sunland through La Crescenta heading into Glendale / Los Angeles is a very dark part that's 4 lanes wide on each side, nice bends in the road with changing elevations and long straights.
Empty, desolate and late enough to hit 105 with confidence and no issues.
I originally intended to connect to the 101 fwy but missed my exit so I stayed on 110 and connected to the mighty 405 fwy, then headed north and got off at Mullholland Dr.
A little mistake (but hey, I'm trying to see how the car performs in all conditions...) but all was ok on a very windy road at the top of the Hollywood Hills at 2am with some fog.
Passed a Ferrari going in the opposite direction.

I can't say enough how well Crakedback's headlight relay and 4 new Wagner lights work.
Very Bright and a recommended upgrade at a reasonable cost, easy install.

View attachment 757350

Car runs the best it ever has while I've owned it still using a T-Bar & leaf spring setup, upgraded front to rear.
Nice loop. Builds confidence to have good lights. Mine a little dicey. I’m trying to make time to get down your way and onto the Angeles Crest.

Nice loop. Builds confidence to have good lights. Mine a little dicey. I’m trying to make time to get down your way and onto the Angeles Crest.

Yes, it does. I relocated the battery to my trunk a while back, hooking up the relay took less time than changing out all 4 headlights. Mine was done on the passenger side as I had an opening to get the harness to the headlight buckets. With the high beams on my headlights are literally twice as bright than they were before. Anyone that want's brighter headlights and is unsure about what they want to do, this is great without having to change out a ton of stuff under $200 and it works.

Next loop will probably be heading north on the 101 and hitting one of the canyons around Malibu / Zuma, then heading south Down P.C.H., ending again on the 405 home. Or the opposite direction, just depends on how I'm feeling when I head out.

It's a good way to figure out all the holes that needs to be plugged up to keep the air out....

Yes, it does. I relocated the battery to my trunk a while back, hooking up the relay took less time than changing out all 4 headlights. Mine was done on the passenger side as I had an opening to get the harness to the headlight buckets. With the high beams on my headlights are literally twice as bright than they were before. Anyone that want's brighter headlights and is unsure about what they want to do, this is great without having to change out a ton of stuff under $200 and it works.

Next loop will probably be heading north on the 101 and hitting one of the canyons around Malibu / Zuma, then heading south Down P.C.H., ending again on the 405 home. Or the opposite direction, just depends on how I'm feeling when I head out.

It's a good way to figure out all the holes that needs to be plugged up to keep the air out....
Link me to the Wagner lights. What I’ve done before is have Darius follow me at night so when my lights go off, his shine around me throwing further than before. He has real lights.

Link me to the Wagner lights. What I’ve done before is have Darius follow me at night so when my lights go off, his shine around me throwing further than before. He has real lights.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wag-h5001
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wag-h5006

Plus the relay harness was under $200 for me.
It can be setup on either driver or passenger side, you'll have your battery to deal with and you can choose to try to hide the equipment in the engine compartment or not. I didn't care.
The stock forward light harness will have to stay connected to the firewall to keep the turn signals working, the old headlight plugs will have to be tied off somewhere while the new plugs are put into place.
It worked out so well I didn't care about that at all... as good an upgrade as getting new headers, etc. It improves the car.

Spent about 6hrs today detailing the outside of the car. Wash, polish, micro-polish/glaze, & 2 coats of wax and buff between coats. After that was all done took the Mrs. out for a nice drive. Once back home went back to work polishing up the chrome before dinner.

I've been dying to get this done but April had 20 days of rain and seems like I only get a Sat or Sunday to get anything done as one of the 2 days it rains....

Auto Transport Service
Back