• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Finished the 440, got the motor mounts set in the K-frame, trans in its place, and ordered a custom drive shaft for the 62” Dart. Hopefully get the engine bay painted over the next 2 days.

IMG_5564.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5567.jpeg

painted my fenders this morning... could be better but not gonna cry.. car is a pos anyway.. Have zero motivation to get this thing driving now :( Came out ok.. have some dust in them but i plan to 1000/1500 the shine off so they match the rest of the car anyway

2024-09-02 10.07.50.jpg
2024-09-02 11.03.48.jpg

Continued to dress the engine getting it ready to install in my Coronet.

Installed the carb and carb studs... Painted the coil ... Installed the last four exhaust manifold bolts... Got a few Mopar bolts cleaned up in my ultrasonic cleaner to getting prepped to reuse.

Next I'll install the dizzy and coil and static time the engine. Got some used pulleys coming this week so I can install the power steering pump, bracket and pressure hose.

I'll also bolt on some factory engine lift brackets if I can find them ..may have to modify a couple big block brackets.

I drove my 67 charger project for the first time tonight. 6.4 crate motor, Holly terminator x max system, holley 12.3 digital dash, borgeson stearing box, vintage air, 727 with gear vendors, 4.10 gears.....
I only went a half mile down the road and back, but man....I'm still smiling!

I drove my 67 charger project for the first time tonight. 6.4 crate motor, Holly terminator x max system, holley 12.3 digital dash, borgeson stearing box, vintage air, 727 with gear vendors, 4.10 gears.....
I only went a half mile down the road and back, but man....I'm still smiling!
How was the Holley system to put in? I have an 05 5.7 that I'm debating installing in my 72 Satellite wagon....want something procharger-able down the road....

I found it easy. Like the mopar kit, the harness tends to be rather bulky at the rear of the intake. Wires are longer than the mopar kit, so you can mount it farther away.

After having my power steering pump rebuilt 3 times, I finally have my '64 Polara up and going. The last time it failed, I sourced a used TRW pump from a friend. I cleaned it up and painted it, filled it with fluid, and away I went. Maiden voyage a few days ago, and today I am taking it to it's first car show in over 20 years. Fingers crossed!

I gave it away! I'm so sick of wrenching on them,that they are effing going! Just kidding. I gave this 71 Charger to my friends son. We were all at Carlisle last July and he was saying that getting a Mopar project car wasn't in the budget anymore, so after half a dozen Killians I decided that I would give him a 71 Charger project car,that I was on the fence about cutting up. I would rather see him build the car than scrap it. We have to keep the Mopar hobby alive for the next generation, and unfortunately they are priced out of the hobby

20240908_095909.jpg

20240908_095934.jpg

I gave it away! I'm so sick of wrenching on them,that they are effing going! Just kidding. I gave this 71 Charger to my friends son. We were all at Carlisle last July and he was saying that getting a Mopar project car wasn't in the budget anymore, so after half a dozen Killians I decided that I would give him a 71 Charger project car,that I was on the fence about cutting up. I would rather see him build the car than scrap it. We have to keep the Mopar hobby alive for the next generation, and unfortunately they are priced out of the hobby

View attachment 1723536

View attachment 1723537

You and your neighbor's property values are starting to climb again now that you're cleaning up.

1725822422242.png

Skipped a show today so I could spend a few hours with my grand babies. My wife and I got home right after the Vikings/Giants kickoff so I’m playing in the garage with the game playing in the background.

The Labor Day show was a dust bowl so I washed the GTX the other night. Under the hood still needed some attention so I detailed the engine compartment and adjusted the belts. The interior needs to be wiped down too, but I have all afternoon to pick away at it…

image.jpg

What's going on with the Roach Coach thought it would be sanded and buffed by know.

He’s letting it sit for a couple weeks to let the paint cure, plus he’s taking a week long vacation this month. Hopefully, I’ll have it back in early October.

New oil, cap on the 70 coronet ,headed out to make a beer run..

IMG_5071.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back