• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Dana is painted and installed!

20240524_182000.jpg

20240526_194840.jpg

My wife and I took another couple for their first ride in the Belvedere since I finished it and discovered two things that need to be added to the punch list:
- with the added weight, I scraped the H-pipe exhaust piece on the transition between the sidewalk and the apron that slopes down to the street while backing out of the driveway
- with added weight, when I opened her up, it sounded like my driveshaft was hitting my pinion snubber plate.

Worked on the 62”…Got floor coated with SEM bed liner, goal is to one day get carpet, but need to keep things moving. Also mocked up the rear seat and package tray, I will be replacing the rear window next.

IMG_5180.jpeg

IMG_5176.jpeg

Put gas it in and purge old gas out of line, Edit: I even filled the carbs checked for leaks put air cleaner assembly on.:drinks:

Last edited:
Finally after a prolonged period and long overdue, got my 440 Source fabricated aluminum valve covers on.

Weld seams smoothed out, finished in black with texture - A/C to match.

RR.2  5.27.24.jpg

RR 5.27.4.jpg

Valve lash adjusted with shims added to the passenger side rockers, new plugs.

A bit of fine tuning left to do on the Wagner PCV but so far everything is working as it should and the car runs great.

I have an aftermarket Alpine since I love listening to music on long drives. I’ve been getting a fair amount of calls during my drives so I hooked up the alpine microphone to the stereo to do hands free Bluetooth. I could not stand it on the visor and I didn’t feel like removing all of the trim to hide the wiring. So my son 3d printed a blue hole plug to come close to b5 blue car color and I got a 3 hole gauge mount vs 2 hole. I added a windscreen over the mic and now I’ve got a mic next to my A/F and vacuum gauges under the ashtray. It looks a little out of place but works really well on calls. Done for now!

IMG_0696.jpeg

Last edited:
I got lucky, Saturday. Took the car in for the new tires. After they lifted it, I noticed a slight stream of something coming from the passenger side. It’s a small shop and I know them, they let me check it out. Turns out it was the steel gas line right where it clips on the frame, next to the headers. I called Hagerty, they sent a flat bed in about an hour and had it towed to the house. The driver loved the car, took about 10 pics, even the engine. He asked me if I wanted it in the garage, he put it right in its spot. The lucky parts, it didn’t start leaking until after I got there (about a mile from the house), I wasn’t driving it when it happened, the driver was great and I didn’t have to have a burned out hulk towed away. I jumped in the D150 went and picked up 4’ of new line, changed it in an hour and was up and running. That was the only bad spot, (one pin hole) the rest of the line looked good. Put a new copper oil pressure line on, it had a slight leak at the block, changed the oil and filter and it’s ready to roll. I didn’t realize the tires were 12 years old, no checks, cracks or leaks, just old.

Local car show. Figured "what the heck"...

IMG_20240615_104226971_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240615_114939299_HDR.jpg

Nice original cobra (not a clone)

IMG_20240615_113652541_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240615_113701526_HDR.jpg

And a sexy elephant...

IMG_20240615_121931764_HDR.jpg

With a 4 speed!

IMG_20240615_121923276_HDR.jpg

Some oddball VWs...never seen a double cab before

IMG_20240615_121020557.jpg

IMG_20240615_111649211_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240615_111735276.jpg

But I think that 289 Cobra was my favorite. Nothing like standing next to a $500k car...

IMG_20240615_121733239_HDR.jpg

And then....I did 8 miles on the mountain bike...then I went to work. Wheeee.

Took a break from the front end rebuild today to install a new set of leaf springs. Replaced the MP XHD leafs with a new set of 67 GTX spec +1" from ESPO. Replaced the rear shocks while I was at it. Car is still up on jack stands, but I can see the ride height difference supporting the rear under the axle.

View attachment 1599503

Before
View attachment 1599504

After
View attachment 1599505
Have any pictures of the side of the whole car after you installed the +1 springs?

Have any pictures of the side of the whole car after you installed the +1 springs?
Just got it back on the ground recently. New +1 leafs and 1.03 t-bars. Still tweaking the ride height and alignment and then need to drive it more to see how it feels, but pretty happy with it so far.
20240608_101920.jpg

Took 4 weeks to finally get my new Brake Booster. It was a PITA getting the old one out, especially that upper right bolt under the dash. Sometimes I think Mopar found a Rube Goldberg design for the connections between the brake pedal and the booster arm:lol:. At least it only took 4 Corona's to get it out.

0.jpeg
0-1.jpeg

Put the motor in the RR today. Its always a good day when the motor goes in

AFA692E3-9B3E-4571-9BA3-24E0C09A75D2.jpegFB091FB3-B77A-45EB-A579-E14599C17BFB.jpeg

My car was drag raced for years... crashed and repaired numerous times, even using the wrong parts on occasion. My rad support for instance, it was for a B-Body, but not a 1st Gen Charger B-Body. Consequently, I had to drill a hole in the support the other day for a large round rubber plug that supports a leg of the 1st Gen wiring harness.

STR 107 copy.jpeg

IMG_1599_2.jpg

My car was drag raced for years... crashed and repaired numerous times, even using the wrong parts on occasion. My rad support for instance, it was for a B-Body, but not a 1st Gen Charger B-Body. Consequently, I had to drill a hole in the support the other day for a large round rubber plug that supports a leg of the 1st Gen wiring harness.

View attachment 1693621

View attachment 1693622
I see you had been enjoying some Okanagan cherries. :)

I see you had been enjoying some Okanagan cherries. :)
Not mine... Sorry, I inadvertently posted the wrong pic. That image was sent to me by a friend and member here who was helping me locate the exact spot to drill.... This mine...
IMG_8279.JPG

Well, I have Covid, so really can't go anywhere. I decided to play around with my 750 cfm. Edelbrock on my '67 R/T. The car generally runs fine, with a little off-idle barfiness, and what almost feels like an intermittent miss at cruise speeds. The car always smells stinky rich. Primary jets are .113" ; rods were .071"/.047", with orange springs. I changed to leaner .073" /.047" rods, and lighter yellow springs. I also backed my timing down a couple of degrees, because I think I feeling too much timing at cruise speed. Anyway, I took Ol' Yaller for a cruise, and she loved the changes! Got rid of the barfs, and the cruise speed flutter went away.
I had earlier tried .076" /.049" rods, and the car really did not like them! Now, if I could get a couple of problems resolved on my 6T4 Polara, life would be good.

Today I am working on getting my 78 Little Red Express truck cleaned up and cleaned out as part of the downsizing process. I am scrubbing the grime off it ,inflating the tires and evicting the hornets. They aren't too happy about leaving! So far I am an unstung hero. I am starting to make the hard choices about what is staying and what is going. I have owned the truck since 1993.

20240721_113330.jpg

20240721_120049.jpg

Last edited:
I got lucky, Saturday. Took the car in for the new tires. After they lifted it, I noticed a slight stream of something coming from the passenger side. It’s a small shop and I know them, they let me check it out. Turns out it was the steel gas line right where it clips on the frame, next to the headers. I called Hagerty, they sent a flat bed in about an hour and had it towed to the house. The driver loved the car, took about 10 pics, even the engine. He asked me if I wanted it in the garage, he put it right in its spot. The lucky parts, it didn’t start leaking until after I got there (about a mile from the house), I wasn’t driving it when it happened, the driver was great and I didn’t have to have a burned out hulk towed away. I jumped in the D150 went and picked up 4’ of new line, changed it in an hour and was up and running. That was the only bad spot, (one pin hole) the rest of the line looked good. Put a new copper oil pressure line on, it had a slight leak at the block, changed the oil and filter and it’s ready to roll. I didn’t realize the tires were 12 years old, no checks, cracks or leaks, just old.
Certain disaster averted! Good thing you caught that, the thread that was coming would’ve been tragic to read!

Auto Transport Service
Back