• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Put a new steering stabalizer on my XJ !
Old one was shot , made big difference for the steering.
IMG_0900.jpeg

20240716_164934 (1).jpg
20240716_170512 (1).jpg
20240717_092624.jpg
20240717_092627.jpg
20240718_093010.jpg
20240720_111457.jpg
20240720_120934.jpg
Got a new set of tires for the AAR. Ended up blasting the rims, hated to do it to originals but the rust was creeping out from the cracks. Sprayed them down with some afterblast to hopefully stop the rust from creeping again, Painted the backs and inside with some SEM black, then 2k primered the face sanded and shot 3 coat of oer argent silver. got them on the car shinned em up made a big difference

View attachment 1698193View attachment 1698194View attachment 1698195View attachment 1698196View attachment 1698197View attachment 1698198View attachment 1698199Got a new set of tires for the AAR. Ended up blasting the rims, hated to do it to originals but the rust was creeping out from the cracks. Sprayed them down with some afterblast to hopefully stop the rust from creeping again, Painted the backs and inside with some SEM black, then 2k primered the face sanded and shot 3 coat of oer argent silver. got them on the car shinned em up made a big difference
The wheels look great! Fantastic looking car!

The wheels look great! Fantastic looking car!
Thank you. Has always been my dream car since I was a kid. Had the opportunity to buy it last august, jumped on it. It came in pieces but was pretty much all there. got it road worthy about a month ago and have racked up about 750 miles. plan on driving the hell out of it.

Certain disaster averted! Good thing you caught that, the thread that was coming would’ve been tragic to read!
Yes sir! I felt very lucky! I carry an extinguisher, but it wouldn’t have done a bit of good in that situation. Thank you!

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE! I put a battery in the Little Red Express truck and got it cranking over,then I put some gas in the carb and she fired right up! I ran it 3 or 4 times. So good to hear it run again! Great day!

Thank you. Has always been my dream car since I was a kid. Had the opportunity to buy it last august, jumped on it. It came in pieces but was pretty much all there. got it road worthy about a month ago and have racked up about 750 miles. plan on driving the hell out of it.
That's what they are for! Congratulations on acquiring your dream car!

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE! I put a battery in the Little Red Express truck and got it cranking over,then I put some gas in the carb and she fired right up! I ran it 3 or 4 times. So good to hear it run again! Great day!
Love those trucks!

It's a cool truck, now that I heard it run again, it's going to be harder to let it go.

20240721_170137.jpg

Returned to working on my project after a trip to Carlisle…Painted the 440 Block on my 62 Dart.

IMG_5488.jpeg

Took 4 weeks to finally get my new Brake Booster. It was a PITA getting the old one out, especially that upper right bolt under the dash. Sometimes I think Mopar found a Rube Goldberg design for the connections between the brake pedal and the booster arm:lol:. At least it only took 4 Corona's to get it out.

View attachment 1691093View attachment 1691094
Well......the new Booster became a POS. The seal broke on friday. Now I have to go thru more body contortions to remove it again. This one came from Federated Parts. Will not be getting anything from them anymore. This will probably take another 4-6 weeks to get one and so ends the car season for me this year. I might get September in for a cruise.:BangHead:

My son and I finally took the car off the rack that I built that wasn’t very helpful. It was brought down to four 6 ton jacks so that we can start to put the drivetrain. It was a somewhat scary job of floor jacks and an engine hoist raising it up and then getting the cart out, and then lowering it slowly on each side to get it on the jacks. Now, to sell or do something else with the rack and get back to restoring the car!!! Here’s to my son for helping along with a friend!!!!!
IMG_4767.jpeg
IMG_7959.jpeg
IMG_7962.jpeg
IMG_7963.jpeg

I have been fighting a power steering problem with my 6T4 Polara I had both the pump and box rebuilt by a reputable shop in nearby London, Ontario. I have had the power steering working, but lately, not so much. So, today I took the return and high pressure lines off the box, and stuck them in a plastic jug with a quart of power steering fluid in it. I had my wife spin the motor over, with the coil wire disconnected. After several sessions of this, nothing came out. The pump resevoir was full, and it did not even pump any of this out. So, I guess the pump comes off. The PITA part is that my Vintage Air compressor mounts to the power steering bracket, so it has to come off, too. I hate undoing things I have already done. I just got done replacing a new master cylinder that would not pump juice to the rear brakes. The new replacement works just as it should. It used to be, if you bought a new part, it worked. If you got something rebuilt, it worked. Not any more.

That's a major pain Dave. Especially when you run around checking everything else because the part is new, so it must not be the problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back