• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is the formula for 1966 RR1 Daffodil Yellow?

sam dupont

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
If I see the ingredient mix and think I might be able to do it, I'll see if I can mix it using implement enamel.

My R/T is that colour. Tomorrow I will see if I have a paint can with the mix formula on it.

that's a pale yellow...... some white into yellow will go in the right direction

Yes, I guessing 90 some percent yellow, then so much white, but they sometimes throw in little bits of other colors too. As I was writing, the painter on GYC just said there are 8 different blues in B5.

Yes, I guessing 90 some percent yellow, then so much white, but they sometimes throw in little bits of other colors too. As I was writing, the painter on GYC just said there are 8 different blues in B5.

right, but where are the other colors coming from?........ you gonna buy a bunch of pints to take from?

This is off my pint can of PPG Daffodil Yellow paint. Most of it is Greek to me. Envirobase
Brand Code. 81500. Main Layer. 81500
SKU. Desc. Inc.(part). Cum.(part)
T400. White. 506.9. 506.9
T4281. Solid Yellow. 43.0. 549.9
T422. Yellow. 41.1. 591.0
T426. Yellow. 22.9. 613.9
T404. Black. 18.7. 632.6
Comments: Use undercoat G1 for best results.
I hope this helps. Actually comes out as same as GM Butternut Yellow.

Last edited:
right, but where are the other colors coming from?........ you gonna buy a bunch of pints to take from?
Quart of yellow and 1/2 pints of the other colors. Probably a splash of blue and a little red.
With the name Dupont, I figure you should be the paint formula expert here.

:fool:

PPG made it and won't tell me anything.
This is off my pint can of PPG Daffodil Yellow paint. Most of it is Greek to me. Envirobase
Brand Code. 81500. Main Layer. 81500
SKU. Desc. Inc.(part). Cum.(part)
T400. White. 506.9. 506.9
T4281. Solid Yellow. 43.0. 549.9
T422. Yellow. 41.1. 591.0
T426. Yellow. 22.9. 613.9
T404. Black. 18.7. 632.6
Comments: Use undercoat G1 for best results.
I hope this helps. Actually comes out as same as GM Butternut Yellow.
https://assets-us-01.kc-usercontent...f/ENVIROBASE-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-TINT-POSTER.pdf

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 9.31.28 PM.png

I see Envirobase says their black is a "blue/black", so there is some blue in the formula
yellow, blue, and red make brown......... be careful
Oh yeah, I paint watercolors and get good results using complimentary colors, but only in very small amounts. Like you say, they turn colors to mud quickly. When I find a label with percentages, I'm guessing they will be minute quantities.

Google is nothing but sales advertising no matter what words I use for a search

How about some pictures. How close is it to Y2 Sunfire?

Paler. Sunfire Yellow looks like it has some green in it. My Daffodil Yellow R/T and Sunfire Yellow RoadRunner. Pictures taken on same day at same show.

P6110156.JPG

P6110176.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back