• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is wrong with a meep meep horn

ramairthree

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
that makes a popping noise when it gets power, but no beep?

if i get this working it will save me 80 bucks or so
thanks for any info

DSCN4558.jpg

You might get it to work by cleaning it but I have no idea how to do that. When I got a meep meep horn for my Cuda :D it came off a fork lift.

Meep Meep

I have sprayed some wd 40 in a few of them and let them set, take out the adjusting screw, spray some in there and let set for a few hours.put screw back in and ground and then hot wire it, adjusts as you go, good for a try.

Definitely try adjusting it, but turn the screw only, maybe 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn at a time. Don't turn it while it's going off either.

I was going to replace mine because it sounded sick. Sounds perfect now.

I opened mine up to see why it didn't work and found the voice coil fried and the terminals melted so bad that the wires to the coil had broken. I had tried the WD40 trick but no good. $75 on ebay restored on. For some reason I can't seem to bring my self to toss it out. anyone want a pic of the inside?

no kidding.
meep meep horn adustments are why they invented vise grips.

I cut a piece of fuel hose to go around the screw head (to prevent scratching) and gripped it with a pliers

Not high tech, but it worked.

Don't adjust too much. Put a jumper between the batt hot and the horn to keep checking it as I adjusted.

thanks.

anyone have a picture of the relay and the harness.

I have the connection coming from accross the front, but no harness from relay to alternator or whatever it needs.

thanks for any info.

Auto Transport Service
Back