• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White 70 Roadrunner project

sweet i like the look of the white 70 roadrunners heres a 70 hemi i seen at an event last fall

Attachments

• IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 684
Thanks Ronnie !
Funny you asked that question I was just thinking today that I need to locate the air grabber switch on the dash before I paint it and before I insatll the dash back in the car I think it would be easier. I do need the little box like solenoid that mounts under the dash and would also need the correct location to mount it also. I could also use the dash paint info you used on yours it will be black. My car was missing a lot of parts when I got it and is still missing some parts to much to mention here. It did not have any drivetrain either.I will send you a pm with my phone number if you do not mind calling me or I can call you if you send me yours by a pm.
I'll try to call you this afternoon if that is all right with you. Ronnie

I just got around to painting the dash frame that I pulled out in March last weekend. Have had some major set backs ( Life getting in the way) and had not been abel to do anything on my car for a long time! So here is a before and still not finished pic of the dash.

Pulled the dash assy out and disasembled it today. Will start the sand and paint this weekend.

Attachments

• DSCF2847.jpg
    DSCF2847.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 580
  • DSCF4255.jpg
    DSCF4255.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 611
fantastic job on the dash. great project!

Just painted the inside dash area of the car yesterday. Now to get the 4 speed hump installed, got all the sheet metal to fix it but im not good enough to mig it in place. So im at a standstill for now I saved enough paint to paint the hump when its in. As soon as that is done I can put the restored heater box ,4 speed pedals, dash and steering column back in. Not happy with the gauge cluster will eventualy get a beter one to put in its place.

Attachments

• DSCF4361.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 547
Very nice, great job on that dash it does looks like new!

think about this...:

white paint
white interior
satin black hood treatment
reflective stripe on trunk....black
dust trail stripes
go wing....satin black
black out all windows with dark tint
raised whites on 15 " magnum 500's
wheel well mouldings
nose draggin' and the tail waggin'.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... now thats what that car should look like !

rr

Those white 70 roadrunners are flipping awesome looking. not to mention i think they are the best looking. cant wait to see it done, good luck with that awesome car.

I just got around to painting the dash frame that I pulled out in March last weekend. Have had some major set backs ( Life getting in the way) and had not been abel to do anything on my car for a long time! So here is a before and still not finished pic of the dash.
that is a nice car and dash what did you use for the chrome around the gauges

Usually Im not big on white but this is unique you dont often see white ones plus it has the cool roadrunner dust strip on the side. I have never seen a white one at any of the shows I have ever been at lots of other colors but never white. But it is your car do what makes you happy, painted my car black and it seems to attract dust but I love the color on a b-body car. Best wishes on this nice car:headbang:

What would be the code if the car came with the roadrunner dust trail? Or is it together with A87 Roadrunner Decour Package? Thanks alot and that is one beautiful Roadrunner. Real nice find.

Nice work on the Bird...I have to replace a cracked windshield this winter so I'm thinking maybe when it's out I can re-do the dash and it's brutal former-owner wiring...keep up the great work

Got the 4 speed hump welded in place now.

Attachments

• DSCF4401.jpg
    DSCF4401.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 377
Nice work on the Bird...I have to replace a cracked windshield this winter so I'm thinking maybe when it's out I can re-do the dash and it's brutal former-owner wiring...keep up the great work

Big plate of Spaghetti under there eh Dave? Gotta love it.

Looking good RRunner70

It was either do the way I did it or replace the whole rust free floor pan. It isint anything seam sealer wont cover up and its not gonna be a trailer queen so I think it will be ok.

Prop it truly is a dog's breakfast under that dash...best thing I could do it rip it all out and re-do it all...the rain has set in up here so comes the end of another muscle car season...been a few weeks and I'm already going through withdrawals...

Prop it truly is a dog's breakfast under that dash...best thing I could do it rip it all out and re-do it all...the rain has set in up here so comes the end of another muscle car season...been a few weeks and I'm already going through withdrawals...

I hear ya man...Just isn't right for the garage to be this quiet.

Not really sure what you mean. But I guess the work is not up to your standards ?

Not really sure what you mean. But I guess the work is not up to your standards ?

Nawww RRunner70, wasn't referring to you or your standards at all; think you're doing a great job. I was referring to Dave's statement about the end of the season and how the garage quiets down once the cars get put to bed for the winter.

update

Been a while since I done anything on the car. I dropped out the K frame yesterday cause it is bent and need to replace it (anyone have any info on a K frame let me know). Will also paint it all and put disc brakes.

Attachments

• DSCF4921.jpg
    DSCF4921.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 337
Auto Transport Service
Back