• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

20240725_132906.jpg

Embraer E75

a better picture
1722049776929.png

Captured enemy aircraft at the Farnborough exhibition October/November 1945

Back row left to right: Ju 290, Ju 52/3, Ju 352, a Fw 200 and a Do 17. A Ju 88 Mistel combination can just be discerned right at the back. In the second row are the following; Si 204, Ju 88 G, Fi 103 manned V-1, Ju 388, He 219. Third row: Me 410 (maybe 210...), Bf 110 G, Do 335 B (probably the B-12 trainer), Ta 152, Fw 190 A, Ar 234, and Me 262. Final row: Supermarine Spiteful, Martin-Baker MB 5, Blackburn Firebrand, Bristol Brigand, Fairey Firefly, Fairey Spearfish, Meteor and a couple of late-mark Spitfire tails.

Named after the missing J in that registration, that would have been her Aunt. Hopefully the next pilot in the family..
20240731_173136.jpg

That’s been kind of an event in NE Arkansas this week. I guess they are exploring this in lieu of just using the old Blytheville SAC base runway which is over closer to the Mississippi River. Maybe they figure in the event of a major Madrid earthquake the abandoned SAC runway will suffer a lot of damage and might not be able to be a good relief staging point. I worked in construction on Little Rock AFB (C-130s) for 25 years and I guess I wasn’t aware they could spin that tightly too. But the “J” models were just coming on line with the longer fuselage , bigger engines, 6 blade props and a bunch of additional capability when I retired. I wasn’t even aware they had upgrade the gun ships to the J model but I’m not surprised,

That’s been kind of an event in NE Arkansas this week. I guess they are exploring this in lieu of just using the old Blytheville SAC base runway which is over closer to the Mississippi River. Maybe they figure in the event of a major Madrid earthquake the abandoned SAC runway will suffer a lot of damage and might not be able to be a good relief staging point. I worked in construction on Little Rock AFB (C-130s) for 25 years and I guess I wasn’t aware they could spin that tightly too. But the “J” models were just coming on line with the longer fuselage , bigger engines, 6 blade props and a bunch of additional capability when I retired. I wasn’t even aware they had upgrade the gun ships to the J model but I’m not surprised,
Is this what we call the Hercules in Canada, or is it bigger. The Hercules can also back up on the runway (not in flight).

Is this what we call the Hercules in Canada, or is it bigger. The Hercules can also back up on the runway (not in flight).
The C-130 is the Hercules. Longest production military aircraft; first flight in 1954 and still being manufactured.

Auto Transport Service
Back