• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Years ago I talked with a WWII vet who flew P61s. It was toward the end of the was where they flew against some of the Kamakazi Betty bombers. Since they owned the night they would come up from a lower altitude and fly under the Betty just short of their bomb bay. They’d raise those .50s to max elevation and fire a long burst. Cut the Betty in half. Of course the pilots had to make a drastic bank left or right while dropping elevation. Made for some exciting times.

Just visited the warbird museum at RAF Duxford in the UK; highly recommended. Sadly no pics as I left the phone in the car. But several flying Spitfires, Hurricanes, P47s, Mustangs and even an Me 109. Non flying Mosquito. Very cool stuff

1726353731492.png

Wow, I didn’t know we had that many of those super birds!
My understanding is that photo was the last of them, at Beale, AFB, out here in California, before they were taken out of service.
Remember them flying overhead all the time, heading back north, from me here in the Sacramento area.

Auto Transport Service
Back