• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who likes brown cars ????

My 72 charger is brown, as a kid I wanted to change it, but had always gotten compliments when it was all polished up.. I’ve gotten old and like it now , it represents the time period..My wife says I was born in the wrong time, I just like old things! Even her! Yup she is a whopping year older then me..

Working on something brown right now. Well, Tawny Gold anyway...
20161127_164635.jpg

Tawny gold is a great colour on a B or E-body. It's really sharp when fresh and shiny.

Browns, bronzes, burnt oranges & coppers or gold hues
'some are cool'
if they have a crapload of poly/metallic metal-flake in them
& also have an accent color added too, to break it up some

actual Brown, probably not my 1st choice
I prefer greens, turquoise & blue hues, some oranges

I had an old 50 Ford Woody that was Rootbeer brown metal-flake
with a gold pearl in the clear, it got lots of attention way back when

I have a Ford f350 4x4 Dually truck that is Sahara Tan,
it's brownish, with a tan interior

I had one many moons ago .....

View attachment 1204750

:)

When I was 16-17, living in St. Louis County, mooning was a big fad. Whenever an opportunity came up, like when cruising through the parking lot at one of the drive-in hamburger hangouts, one of us would briefly present our backside out the window of the car. Sometimes two at once, one from the front window and one from the back. It got lots of laughs, especially when we pulled up next to a car full of girls at a stoplight. But that was also many moons ago.

I like brown, it'll look descent when it runs and I clean the 3" of dust off it.
20210618_142628.jpg

I had a few inquiries about the 64 seats. They were home made. Honda prototype magnesium frames. Floor brackets and uprights fabbed from aluminum. Foam cut from packing crates. I picked out the fabric and a friend sewed up the covers for the seats and the door panels. The Jeep seats were also done at home by my wife.
Doug

I4.jpg
I3.jpg
I1.jpg
I2.jpg

@Ghostrider 67

What is the color?
This was what I used . The PPG store is very convenient.
It does resemble the original paint from protected areas on the car in sunlight.
I did have to replace the cowl top and lower radiator support.
Some of the fasteners (K frame hardware in particular) were touch and go, but no stripped thread or damage items on disassembly
Wrinkles on the inner fender in various places seem to be a factory specialty.
I seen different ones on you car.

20210121_163717 (Large).jpg
20211010_111916 (Large).jpg
20211014_145325.jpg
20211014_154741 (Large).jpg
20211014_154832.jpg

@Ghostrider 67

What is the color?
This was what I used . The PPG store is very convenient.
It does resemble the original paint from protected areas on the car in sunlight.
I did have to replace the cowl top and lower radiator support.
Some of the fasteners (K frame hardware in particular) were touch and go, but no stripped thread or damage items on disassembly
Wrinkles on the inner fender in various places seem to be a factory specialty.
I seen different ones on you car.

View attachment 1205347 View attachment 1205348 View attachment 1205349 View attachment 1205351 View attachment 1205352
0FCA5500-0813-4F45-8D9E-B88B446E27DB.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back