• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who likes brown cars ????

@Ghostrider 67

What is the color?
This was what I used . The PPG store is very convenient.
It does resemble the original paint from protected areas on the car in sunlight.
I did have to replace the cowl top and lower radiator support.
Some of the fasteners (K frame hardware in particular) were touch and go, but no stripped thread or damage items on disassembly
Wrinkles on the inner fender in various places seem to be a factory specialty.
I seen different ones on you car.

View attachment 1205347 View attachment 1205348 View attachment 1205349 View attachment 1205351 View attachment 1205352
It's Paint For Cars Starfire Chestnut Brown Metallic Acrylic Urethane Single stage. With "Wet Look ' additive. The rest of the car will get a few coats of clear. It has great flop in the sunlight. Very close to the factory Turbine Bronze color. My Coronet was hit in both front corners and the wrinkles multiplied. lol.. that's part of why i'm using close out panels along the inside of the inner fenders.

I think that brown is about the only color car that I have not owned. I do like the brown tones though. They are different.

I like certain brown shades among others, IMO gives a richness for lack of a better word I can think of right now. Had a vette I got a sweet deal on it around 1979 maybe cuz the color wasn’t popular for the vettes. Before the vette, had a ’73 Challenger I bought as a demo (traded in my ’70 Cuda BB/4 spd – I regret). This was my daily transport for around 6 years. While not a real brown, sort of in the category. The photo was taken some months after a repaint; it was more of a copper shade before the re-do. And ok, while it’s a stretch for ‘brown’, included a pic of my Dakota I did a body transplant on…just finished it a couple weeks ago after 4 months doing the work. Yeah, ok an excuse to post my fav truck, lol.

Vette .jpg Challenger 73.jpg Dakota Done .jpg

Had a Brown '73 Audi 100 LS that I repainted with burnt orange metallic Imron paint. More of a Bronze metalic color, that really popped in the sun.

Here's an earlier photo of my Challenger I posted in #45 for comparison (before repaint). Ran Keystones and lower profile tires for a few years deciding to put on radials and '500's. Had to keep the butt higher then I preferred to prevent tire rubbing. And there was always a color miss-match on the quarter that bugged me. Car only had 2k on it when I got it; but suppose some sales guy driving it or something damaged it needing repaint done poorly.

Dodge 73 (2).jpg

Copper, light bronze, dark bronze, burnt orange. No brown. Even back in the 50 and 60's....

For QOTHL and fans of old pulp fiction/comics, or the Ron Ely movie....

upload_2021-12-9_17-32-18.jpeg

When I was 19 I lost my first car ('73 charger) to a drunk driver, it was t-boned by a '69 caddy at about 40 mph. That left a mark.
Vehicle #2 was not a mopar but it was brown. Pretty cool car, lots of fun and good memories in both
01 - 73 charger.jpg
02 - 77 grand prix.jpg
Neither of these pics are of the actual cars but damn they are exact copies down to the busted grill on the charger!

Tawny gold is a great colour on a B or E-body. It's really sharp when fresh and shiny.
That’s what mine is. I’ve got to admit, it wasn’t my first choice but the car was so clean I couldn’t pass it up. The white top and interior do make it pop. It’s surprising how many people have known the color.

Brown is cool on birds too.
If it walks like Road Runner and quacks like a....
No , I've got that wrong .

My road runner K6 autumn bronze, old paint and a lot of touch up with lacquer.

20190727_123122.jpg

Al Unser Sr. (May 29, 1939 - Dec 9, 2021). Given the circumstances, this is brown enough:

00000a.jpg

They don't make these in any brown tones

this has an optional beedlock bronze wheel, does that count
silver/black 2 tone 702hp 6.2ltr Hemi/SC'd, 35" tires

2021 TRX Grey Black 2 tone - bronze beadlock wheels.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back