• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will a manual window crank cover the square hole of a PW door card? 1966 Charger?

sam dupont

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
or, what is the diameter of the bezel part of the crank? I assume the manual facia (round hole) can be cut to fit a power window switch. I have a manual panel that is a nicer than my PW door panel. The PW panel has a small bit of sun degradation on the point behind the lock knob. I would repair it if there are any threads on the subject. I used a kit borrowed from a dealer to repair soft vinyl, but the top panel is rigid.

I added power windows to my 1967 R/T using door panels that were originally used with manual winders. Everything fit OK. I hope this is the answer you are looking for, because your question is a little ambiguous.

The back of the door panels on a non power window car are the same as a power window car. On the back of the panels there are semi cut indentations that are cut out when it's a power window car. I believe the black plastic washers will cover the holes.

The manual panels have round holes, power windows have square holes. They seem like you would see the corners.

66-67 Charger used different washers in the window cranks than every other b-body. Chrome and bigger than the crank round area. Which will help cover.

I just looked at this over the weekend on my ‘70. The round plastic piece around the manual crank will NOT cover the square hole of a square power window button. The panels are the same. The holes are in the same spot. You can cut out the power window switch square perforation on a window crank panel & install a power window switch. The switch WILL cover the crank hole

Agree- the manual crank spacer will NOT cover a square PW switch hole.

Agree- all panels should have embossed lines for PW switch cut outs.

Agree- the OP's question is not clear.
Are you trying to put PW panels in a MW car?
If so, see line 1 above.

You can just change the aluminum trim panel for a round hole.

Auto Transport Service
Back