• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1.4 Turbo Timing Belt Renegade Dart 500

Did it yesterday - Went better then expected - Hardest part was figuring out how the air cleaner assembly gets removed LOL

Did not buy the special locking tools - Used a snap ring pliers for the tensioner - Did not remove the vacuum pump

Went with a Mopar Timing Belt - Was marked Gates - Factory tensioner was a GMB marked on back of bearing

Take your time , mark the crankshaft , mark the camshaft gear , precise , YOUR MARKING BOTH GEARS TEETH WHERE YOU DECIDE BEFORE REMOVING THE OLD BELT , then I continued the marked after the factory belt was removed - It’s either aligned or one tooth off after installation , saw zero reasoning for loosening the camshaft gear

Do your rotations for alignment of teeth and marks

Do your rotations for tensioner and proper tension

Factory belt did not look so good after 105,000 Miles - Peace

IMG_0746.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

Good job, the difference is no doubt the old belt stretched some...

adapt & overcome :thumbsup:

Did it yesterday - Went better then expected - Hardest part was figuring out how the air cleaner assembly gets removed LOL

Did not buy the special locking tools - Used a snap ring pliers for the tensioner - Did not remove the vacuum pump

Went with a Mopar Timing Belt - Was marked Gates - Factory tensioner was a GMB marked on back of bearing

Take your time , mark the crankshaft , mark the camshaft gear , precise , YOUR MARKING BOTH GEARS TEETH WHERE YOU DECIDE BEFORE REMOVING THE OLD BELT , then I continued the marked after the factory belt was removed - It’s either aligned or one tooth off after installation , saw zero reasoning for loosening the camshaft gear

Do your rotations for alignment of teeth and marks

Do your rotations for tensioner and proper tension

Factory belt did not look so good after 105,000 Miles - Peace

View attachment 1723574

View attachment 1723575

View attachment 1723576

View attachment 1723577

Bee1971 - did you replace the water pump too?

Wow - 105,000 miles that's 168,981 kilometers.
My 2013 dart only has 80,000kms which is 50,000 miles, I got a long way to go!

Auto Transport Service
Back